Active Topics

Hi,
First post here
I am a new user of this N9 and i would like to ask a question. I would like to know is there is any option in the Nokia Drive to show estimated time of arrival instead of km left. iŽbeen looking though the settings but canŽt find any way to show ETA.
Thx!

The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Welcome to TMO.

I dont believe this feature currently exists. A lot of new things were bought to the table with the update PR1.2 but not this.

On an unrelated note- I noticed there is a speed limit set in the Settings. Mine is incorrect for my region - there seems to be no way to change this.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Welcome to TMO.

I dont believe this feature currently exists. A lot of new things were bought to the table with the update PR1.2 but not this.

On an unrelated note- I noticed there is a speed limit set in the Settings. Mine is incorrect for my region - there seems to be no way to change this.
Damn. If only we had a bugtracker....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Damn. If only we had a bugtracker....

I'm tempted to start reporting new bugs in existing bugs, just to piss them off

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
^Same idea came to my mind also... New bug for same category... Actually i haven't found any new, only kind of feature-request or entertainment... (oops, my bad)

Just checked that speedlimit -thing... Very odd implement, may i say... Would be very nice to see somekind of importing feature (.pot?) of those tincan-police coordinates...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post

I'm tempted to start reporting new bugs in existing bugs, just to piss them off
You realize Soumaya and Risto and all are way too bogged down as is? They are doing their best, your frustration is with people far above them. Leave them alone and be appreciative of all they are doing for us. There was Kontorri, there's Sergey Kashin, and a few others, we have to treat the people that deal with us the best we can, so they can help push for what we want done. If they feel beat up and abused, they won't help our case. Put yourself in their shoes. They are trying to help us. Don't make their lives difficult.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
How many people are left in Nokia's Harmattan team now? I fear to know the answer.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
You realize Soumaya and Risto and all are way too bogged down as is? They are doing their best, your frustration is with people far above them. Leave them alone and be appreciative of all they are doing for us. There was Kontorri, there's Sergey Kashin, and a few others, we have to treat the people that deal with us the best we can, so they can help push for what we want done. If they feel beat up and abused, they won't help our case. Put yourself in their shoes. They are trying to help us. Don't make their lives difficult.
I said tempted... tempted...
I'm know where most Nokia devs are positioned in this giant soap opera.

If I ever did it, it'd only be for bugs closely related to pre-existing ones, not enhancement requests.
Maybe I'd also report them where they've suggested, Nokia dev forum

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-16 at 18:23. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Welcome to TMO.
As I understood it, the "speed limit" in the Settings is actually only a threshold: if the speed limit on the road your're driving on is under 80Km/h, please warn me if I exceed the speed limit by X Km/h(you can choose a value between 0 and 30 Km/h, let's take for example 10 Km/h); if it is instead over 80Km/h, please warn me if I exceed the speed limit by Y Km/h (for example 20Km/h).
So if you're driving on a road where the speed limit is 100Km/h you'll get warned if your speed exceeds the 120Km/h but if the speed limit is 60Km/h you'll get warned if you exceed 70Km/h.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Are we getting the new Nokia drive update on the n9?