Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
That is not a bug, the image is zoomed in so you can't swipe back (you are scrolling the image). Tap on the dots on the top left will bring you back to previous page.

But the image do has a (minor) problem that caused the image automatically zoomed in (it should only zoom in when you pinch zoom it). It is caused by Qt and I can't fix this unfortunately.

Last edited by dicksonleong8; 2014-01-26 at 15:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Consider remove "load more" and use similar algoritm that was implemented in unofficialtogether and tidings rss reader.

https://github.com/mike7b4/unofficia.../FirstPage.qml

see on movementEnded

also there is a fancyscroller.qml to fast move to top https://github.com/mike7b4/unofficia...cyScroller.qml

credits should go to tace and original implementors not me I just merged it in unnoficialtogether and I think its great future

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2014-01-26 at 18:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Personally, I didn't really like moving the subreddits further away in the menus. I mostly just browse them, and now they're kinda hard to reach. To not whine without a solution, I thought you could implement a "pull right" menu to access a scrollable list of subreddits. I mean, similar to the menu seen in the youtube vid of the irc client
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJs3599Nj20

Great app!

Is there a way to minimize the children in the comment section? If not, a longpress on the parent would be great or if it could be added to the actions when clicking the parent one time (upvote, downvote etc.)

I'd like that there would be a cover action to refresh the current page and it would open that page.

Another suggestion would be, that you could swipe right and get to the section or subreddits, as someone else suggested earlier.

The Following User Says Thank You to NoGeist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NoGeist View Post
Great app!
+1
Is there a way to minimize the children in the comment section? If not, a longpress on the parent would be great or if it could be added to the actions when clicking the parent one time (upvote, downvote etc.)
+1000
Another suggestion would be, that you could swipe right and get to the section or subreddits, as someone else suggested earlier.
Like the horizontal swipe menus in IRC would work great

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by szopin View Post

Like the horizontal swipe menus in IRC would work great
No, please don't use such things that break the Sailfish' UI logic (as is the IRC client). Jolla's way of swiping forward to get more options (like in the mail client) is much better.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
No, please don't use such things that break the Sailfish' UI logic (as is the IRC client). Jolla's way of swiping forward to get more options (like in the mail client) is much better.
I don't think it breaks the UI. Having horizontal pulley at left side would make a lot of sense and would be more elegant than another menu just for subreddits. But that's just my opinion..

The Following User Says Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Sorry, I know this is breaking the silica, but for accessing a long list pull-down menu is a fail. If from main screen swipe 'back/left' would give you a list of subreddits you subscribe to would be much better than down down down down....

IMO horizontal pulleys are really clever and should be implemented in standard silica...

They work totally fine on first page as you don't expect to be swiping left from there (swipe in for email details is a bit counter intuitive in my opinion, you need to check if an extra dot is displayed... not really seamless, having details at top of pulley menu would make more sense, how often do you check those??? reply by swipe would make more sense as you use that much more often), with apps that have multiple pages not so good (IRC works totally fine this way, channels on the left, people on the right, you're not going anywhere deep)