Definately agree with you hex, the Captive screens not bad, but im finding resistive to be uprated right now with the n900, it trully is a restitive screen to work with, finger and stylus, it just works.

Originally Posted by FranzDages View Post
I've got a ZAGG on my N900. I find it changes the responsiveness by a slight bit at most. I think the trick is to re-calibrate your screen after you've applied it.
Agreed - you don't really notice a difference until you throw back on a 'regular' protector then it's obvious the Zagg does cause more drag and is not as clear. That's why I've gone back and forth with Zagg on most my phones.

From a protection standpoint, I certainly worry about it much less. Kind of a trade-off.

Are there particular screens that people can recommend? I was surprised to read all the compliments on this threat about the touchscreen sensitivity and accuracy. I have problems with both, and I use the stylus. I end up having to zoom in.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Calibrate before use, and, if it's hard to drag and you find yourself pushing it to get results, go get it fixed.

It's exactly as sensitive as I can drag my finger over it just softly enough to feel my finger touching and not trigger a click. Anything over that, it registers. This is exactly as I want, be able to softly, very softly, drag my finger to the touch point. This helps me track parallel to the screen, as lifting isn't as precise.

As for screen protectors, you unearthed the wrong thread.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think Resistive is slower to response than capacitive. My next device will be capacitive screen, as it has better reaction and do not require to press as hard. Lighter touch = less scratches. So I'm down with capacitive now.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
I am partial to the N800's resistive screen...

I work in a highly dusty environment so I have my N800 in a ziplock bag with only the power and audio cables coming out of the ziplock seam. Touchscreen works just fine with finger or stylus (or Bic Stic cap)

How would a capacitive screen work in these conditions? Not too well I'm guessing.

Now to save up for a N900 or whatever is next....

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
I am partial to the N800's resistive screen...

I work in a highly dusty environment so I have my N800 in a ziplock bag with only the power and audio cables coming out of the ziplock seam. Touchscreen works just fine with finger or stylus (or Bic Stic cap)

How would a capacitive screen work in these conditions? Not too well I'm guessing.

Now to save up for a N900 or whatever is next....
FYI, my Grandma's iPad with a capacitive screen works fine in a heavy-duty zip-lock bag.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
FYI, my Grandma's iPad with a capacitive screen works fine in a heavy-duty zip-lock bag.
to quote Homer: "Doh!"

Thanks

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...