Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Why make it so hidden?

A static text display, without any selectable action, on the Pulley Menu is absolutely a wrong way to use the Pulley Menu.

I know Jolla is Unlike, but some of these are just Unwanted.
I really like this one. It doesn't clutter the screen, doesn't affect the pulley menu's function and most of all, it perfectly fits Jolla's philosophy of hiding information of lower importance (week numbers in calendar are a great example).

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I really like this one. It doesn't clutter the screen, doesn't affect the pulley menu's function and most of all, it perfectly fits Jolla's philosophy of hiding information of lower importance (week numbers in calendar are a great example).
But then one should make better use of all the empty and uncluttered space now available in the lock screen.

Today the lock screen (and the left/right swipe for ambiance) takes up a lot of UI space without providing much functionality.

//j

The Following User Says Thank You to jesper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It is interesting that someone prefers to double tap and pull down to see a basic info like date. Why don't they move the time also to another Pull down option for you.

That way we can keep the lock screen very clean. Better yet, let us hide all basic information, to pull downs.

Since different people like different things, it would be nice if Jolla could give us an option for this.

On the lock screen, Jolla decided that everyone likes to hide date, battery, online status. For date, they decided everyone should double tap and pull down. For battery and online status, they decided everyone should double tap and pull up. For time, bluetooth and network traffic icons, just double tap.

I don't like to use iPhone because I don't like the manufacturer decides what I like and shove it down my throat.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
You should post this to TJC as a suggestion!

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
You should post this to TJC as a suggestion!
It is already there.

It is already there.
Sorry, I left out the sarcasm indicator, I meant your rant about hiding everything...

Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Sorry, I left out the sarcasm indicator, I meant your rant about hiding everything...
I know. I should not do that. I like Jolla too much, but some of these things that they are doing are backwards in my opinion.

Change is good if it makes us more productive or reduces the steps it takes to do something. If it increases the steps, I think we should reconsider the decision to make the change.

I am not being sarcastic though. I am making my comments because I really feel like Jolla will listen and needs to hear what their users actually feels.

I am looking forward to future updates and hope they consider some of the opinions and improve the usability of their interface.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
I know. I should not do that. I like Jolla too much, but some of these things that they are doing are backwards in my opinion.

Change is good if it makes us more productive or reduces the steps it takes to do something. If it increases the steps, I think we should reconsider the decision to make the change.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
>in a couple of weeks they should announce a few partnerships

And here we are, over a month later, and I must have missed these announcement(s) ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Keep waiting...

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"