Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I want to be able to customize pulley menu with my own ****

I also want to watch movies in browser.

Take care allies.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-05-06 at 19:03.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Very nice! Whether I have to tap or swipe this notification bar is fine with me.

Something I came across yesterday. There is an android app called kockr that, when the screen goes black, allows you to swipe to open an app. You can assign different swipe gestures for different apps. I'm not sure if the device is actually in a sleep state before you swipe although it has the appearance it. If not it could be a battery drain. Also, if you double tap the black screen it takes you to the home screen (note, not the lockscreen).

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
4)When I open an app from the app drawer, there is a transition where you see the grid of running apps and then the app opens. If I open
the app I don't want to see this intermediate stage. I want to go directly to the app I've opened.
~

Hi all!

I personally don't like pointless transitions too. In n9, apps had a splash screen to show instantly while app controls were still loading. This was bad , i deleted those splash screens in my n9 and now i have true multitasking - i can launch multiple apps at once!! as in real pc. Add a nice process indicator to homescreen launchers, and it will be as professional as ever.

edit, just to clarify: no splash screens or fullscreen startup transitions allows me to tap few icons sequentially on homescreen - it really is more handy than one may think.

Oh, i just bought my first jolla, but it still has some catchup to do with apps to replace n9.

Last edited by veeall; 2014-05-06 at 19:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I want to be able to customize pulley menu with my own ****

I also want to watch movies in browser.

Take care allies.
Now that we have unlimited multitask, I want to be able to keep few messaging chat windows open. This was another great feature I loved and used on my N9.

It is not easy to switch between chats. If I start typing a message to a friend and want to look at another friends chat, I have to swipe back and pick the other friends name. When I comeback to the first friends chat, what I had typed is lost.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Actually, another thing that I don't quite understand. Why, when deleting email, does it take 5 seconds? Don't see the point of watching a bar slowly move across to the left on the screen so that I can tap it to reverse decision if I suddenly change my mind. Can it be set up so that once you select "delete" the email is immediately moved to a "deleted" folder? Speaking of swipe gestures, how about deleting the email by swiping it? Just a suggestion...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@mscion
You don't have to wait - just continue what you are doing, the mail will be deleted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@mscion
You don't have to wait - just continue what you are doing, the mail will be deleted.
Ok Thanks. So one just ignores the moving bar and proceed.

Last edited by mscion; 2014-05-07 at 15:37.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@mscion
This needs repeating. I quite often can get three 5 second remorse timers counting down in the email app. You don't have to wait for it to finish.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I quite often can get three 5 second remorse timers counting down in the email app..
It is kind of fun to watch too!!!

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Can it be set up so that once you select "delete" the email is immediately moved to a "deleted" folder?
I do agree that email is one app this can be disabled since most (imap/exchange) accounts just move the mail to Trash folder instead of removing it completely. So it would be nice to have an option to disable this feature on an account basis, for those users who don't enjoy watching it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
2) What do you have to do on the Android lockscreen before you can open a notification? You have to swipe down first (at least on the vanilla Android).
What do you have to do on the SailfishOS lockscreen before you can open a notification? You have to swipe up. Not much difference really.
Perhaps Jolla could do something like Active Display. The N9's LPM seems not too possible by Jolla so Active Display is the next big thing. The moment I take my phone out of my pocket I see the notification and can swipe to enter it directly, dismiss it or to unlock screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: