Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
Please do not insult me. All messages of any type were deleted. Also, since I am not a coder I do not know how to merge all the threads..... so forget the scarcasm.
Look, I didn't mean to insult you, and I'm sorry if the post came across that way. My post #9 of this thread was addressed to HtheB, the moderator of this forum. That's why the post begins with “Mod -”, an abbreviation for “Moderator”. It is a reply to HtheB's post #3 of this thread – that's why the quotation comes from HtheB's post, not one of your own posts.

Moderators have the power to merge threads and move them to a different location on the site. You were more likely to get helpful replies if the mods had moved everything to the N810 or OS2008 forums, where readers actually know something about your device. Merging threads is also helpful in getting all your information in one place, so that a reader can get a clear idea of your problem. To help the mod locate all of the threads, I pointed out that some of your titles refer to email and some refer to flashing. That is merely a fact, addressed to the moderator, not an insult addressed to you.

If you were looking for a reply addressed to you in the “General” forum, it's in the thread titled “n810 – Re Install”. (That's another problem with multiple threads on the same topic.)

Everyone who writes on this site is a volunteer. Some are better informed than others, but all are trying to help. The site was supported financially by Nokia until the end of 2012, and some members were Nokia employees, but that is no longer the case. Most of us installed our Software Updaters/flashers years ago and did not know that Nokia had broken the download link for Nokia_Internet_Tablet_Software_Update_Wizard.exe. (That is the install file for your best tool for updating N810 on Windows.) Thank you for bringing the broken link to our attention: it will be valuable information for future users with the same problem.

An unfortunate fact in your case is that the members who know the most about your device would generally not know the exact name of the tool you needed, because they are more likely to use one of the Linux flashers. When I googled the exact expression “Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard”, the second listed site had a working link for the .exe . For future reference in this forum, the URL is http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299...-step-1368075/ . (N800 and N810 use the same tool and the same operating systems.)

[CORRECTION: It is still available directly from Nokia. See the link in this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...26&postcount=1 .]

It might help future users if you too post details about the solution that worked for you. That's the way this site works: members post information that could be useful to other members.

With the information about your problem scattered over at least five threads, it was not easy to grasp all the details. In particular, I found a definite statement that you had cleared the Inbox, but not an equivalent statement about other email folders. In the circumstances, the suggestion I made is a reasonable one. I know a lot of people who clean out their inbox regularly, but seldom think about their other folders. Again referring to the five or more threads, I think that “clutter” is an accurate word to describe the way you presented your problem. If you make it hard for people to help you, you probably won't get good results.

Last edited by scaler; 2013-06-29 at 00:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to scaler For This Useful Post: