Active Topics

Hi friends,

Yes, cause of lack of space in / partition, I moved the /opt content to /home/user/MyDocs partition, with some problems and creating soft links from everthing. Later, apt-get didn't working, and moved some directories back to /opt
- lib
- maemo
- usr
- var

And all seem to work, but hildon environment view and behavior. For example, I can't see the X for window close, the font are very small, and settings open but I can change nothing.

I spent some time reading about hildon and themes, and I tried to reinstall hildon-theme-alpha, that I understand It is the original theme, but It doesn't install and I don't know what is the problem exactly. What do you think I must do to get maemo with hildon working right?

Thanks a lot.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
quickest way out, reflash. while reflashing, take the time to increase your /opt
mine is 6GB for example.

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi,

as sicelo said reflash would my suggestion too... Moving /opt content is not a good idea.

Sometimes I run out of space but it is because of modest - it is far enough to clean the mail cache...

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Steps to correct this error:

1. Reflash completely
2. Install backupmenu package
3. Repartition to get more space for /opt directory https://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitionin...ng_made_simple

For your info:
The MyDocs partition is VFAT formatted, which does not support any permissions. This breaks the system beyond repair. The optfs partition is ext3 formatted, does also contain /home directory

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post: