Active Topics

Hi
I just flashed my n900 with pr1.2 firmware using maemo flasher.
after that the phone is not showing wifi
if i searches for internet it searches and nothing is coming
what could be the problem, may be my flashing was not proper or the wifi
device itself is dead?
i flashed again
samething...............
no wifi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
My n900 seems to have a problem with its fm transmitter after flashing it. When I try to activate it, phone jams for fifteen seconds and then says "unable to use FM transmitter". Booting doesn't seem to help.

Is there anything to do besides messing with the RD mode?

edit. Interesting: enabled RD mode and with command "fmtx -d" it says "fmtx: not found". Where did it go..

Last edited by zimmerit; 2010-06-01 at 14:37.

Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
My n900 seems to have a problem with its fm transmitter after flashing it. When I try to activate it, phone jams for fifteen seconds and then says "unable to use FM transmitter". Booting doesn't seem to help.

Is there anything to do besides messing with the RD mode?
Your location is?
The firmware you flashed to is?

Location is Finland (FM transmitters are allowed), and the the version is 10.2010-19.1.

Big thanks for any ideas!

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
haha good point, I totally forgot i was using a non standard theme (matrix) ... went back to the blue one, we'll see if i see this happen again :-)
uhm never mind, with the default blue theme i still just got a transparent menu in the app manager, clicking on one to install showed the menu... than leaving it... than clicking on another one only showed the menu title and nothing below it!

I really wonder where the bug is ...

Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
Location is Finland (FM transmitters are allowed), and the the version is 10.2010-19.1.

Big thanks for any ideas!
My brother has the same version and location is Sweden (FM transmitter allowed!). So anyone has any ideas why the fm-transmitter seems to be gone?

is that the global variant of the firmware?

This is so frustrating, so frustrating.

We have 2 n900s, and since we updated to PR 1.2, the phones stopped receiving email. The email widget doesn't work either. And checking email takes much much longer than before, it feels like it stalls for about a minute. I can't go back to PR 1.1 to make my email work again.

Nokia, you didn't make the N900 available in the US until early January, and by March you announced Meego, admitting in a carefully worded statement the death of Maemo, and therefore the n900 (because Meego wouldn't be ported to the n900). It is obvious that you had already decided on your partnership with Intel long before the Meego announcement, so pretty much when then n900 hit the market it was dead on arrival for development.

You also made the n900 owners believe in a misleading statement that Ovi maps would be made to work as effiently as in your other Symbian phones. But again, Ovi is not guaranteed that it will work properly in the n900. Congratulations to your lawyers!

Really, I don't care about how many apps my smartphone has! Just get the basics right. Email is a must, Navigation too (for the price you charged on this phone you should get it right). If you can't get that working, just get out of the smartphone market.

And I don't want to hear the Maemo supporters on how this phone has great hardware and that it's intended for coders and tech people. If that was the case, sell the phone through "techy" retailers and not to the general public. For crying out loud, if I were to buy a car from BMW I shouldn't be expected to rotate the tires or do an alignment everytime I want to go for a drive.

Last edited by getacarlos; 2010-06-01 at 16:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to getacarlos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
is that the global variant of the firmware?
I'm not sure, but I guess it is. Finnish Nokia support site is still offering version "2.2009.51.1" as the latest, and the case seems to be same in the swedish support site too!

Originally Posted by getacarlos View Post
This is so frustrating, so frustrating.

We have 2 n900s, and since we updated to PR 1.2, the phones stopped receiving email. The email widget doesn't work either. And checking email takes much much longer than before, it feels like it stalls for about a minute. I can't go back to PR 1.1 to make my email work again.

Nokia, you didn't make the N900 available in the US until early January, and by March you announced Meego, admitting in a carefully worded statement the death of Maemo, and therefore the n900 (because Meego wouldn't be ported to the n900). It is obvious that you had already decided on your partnership with Intel long before the Meego announcement, so pretty much when then n900 hit the market it was dead on arrival for development.

You also made the n900 owners believe in a misleading statement that Ovi maps would be made to work as effiently as in your other Symbian phones. But again, Ovi is not guaranteed that it will work properly in the n900. Congratulations to your lawyers!

Really, I don't care about how many apps my smartphone has! Just get the basics right. Email is a must, Navigation too (for the price you charged on this phone you should get it right). If you can't get that working, just get out of the smartphone market.

And I don't want to hear the Maemo supporters on how this phone has great hardware and that it's intended for coders and tech people. If that was the case, sell the phone through "techy" retailers and not to the general public. For crying out loud, if I were to buy a car from BMW I shouldn't be expected to rotate the tires or do an alignment everytime I want to go for a drive.
Complainin' don't fix sh*t