Hello,

I currently do not have any previous Nitdroid installed or even any partitions on my 16GB memory card.

Please give instructions on how to Install Nitdroid N12 "UMay" step by step for a first time beginner.

I tried the following as per instructions on Nitdroid.com :
1. Enable extras devel
2. root
3. apt-get install nitdroid-installer
4. nitdroid

However, I am getting stuck here :
Uninstalling any incompatible software ...done
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ...done
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p2 (ext3) ... Bailing out

Please help with step by step instructions to install Nitdroid N12 "UMay".

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivek5000 For This Useful Post:
Please help

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Deja vu? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67863

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
first install nitdroid auto-installer and when its installed from menu run nitrdoid un install. when it done removing previous nitrdroid then from menu run install nitdroid and it will do the rest. you can get auto-installer from here

if you dont want installer to download N12_UMay.tar.bz2 and nitdroid kernal rc6 then proceed to this link and download these two files and put them in n900. not in any folder or they will not get detected. now auto-installer will do the rest remember nitdroid will be installed in eMMC. for more information and help proceed to this thread: Click Here for Nitdroid thread.

Happy Installing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
I am still unable to install Nitdroid.

I guess to follow the procedure given by panjgoori, you need to have Nitdroid already installed.

The NITDroid-Installer 0.2.8-8 thread says that :

"ASSUMING YOU ALREADY HAVE THE NITDROID ARCHIVE AND KERNEL IN /home/user/MyDocs:"

However, I dont have any Nitdroid previous versions installed.

I want to install Nitdroid from the scratch.

Kindly clarify how to install Nitdroid without having any previous version installed.

Thanks.

The Autoinstaller 0.2.8-8 seems to be havin some issues.

I have tried installing Nitdroid N12 using Autoinstaller around 5 times, however there seems to be some problem. I have installed after formatting the phone using vanilla image on N900 firmware site.

However, the 6th time, I tried installing NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov using previous old Autoinstaller 0.0.7.

And it got successfully installed and Nitdroid was also running properly.

After that I used tried to upgrade it to N12 Umay using two methods :

1. Downloaded new autoinstaller, and uninstalled previous Nitdroid. However, against during boot up when I select Nitdroid the same Kernel not syncing error started.

2. Again vanilla flashed and then freshly installed NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov and followed procedure of xuggs to upgrade to N12 as given on his website :
http://xuggs.blogspot.com/2010/12/ni...xmasdroid.html

Again I get the same kernel issue.

Can someone please help me on the same. Why is Nitdroid 0.0.8 getting installed using old installer, but the new one is not getting installed?

Why am I getting kernel not syncing error? Do I need to have any kernel preinstalled on N900 to install Nitdroid N12 Umay.

Please request you to help me.

Your kind help and support is highly appreciated.

Originally Posted by vivek5000 View Post
The Autoinstaller 0.2.8-8 seems to be havin some issues.

I have tried installing Nitdroid N12 using Autoinstaller around 5 times, however there seems to be some problem. I have installed after formatting the phone using vanilla image on N900 firmware site.

However, the 6th time, I tried installing NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov using previous old Autoinstaller 0.0.7.

And it got successfully installed and Nitdroid was also running properly.

After that I used tried to upgrade it to N12 Umay using two methods :

1. Downloaded new autoinstaller, and uninstalled previous Nitdroid. However, against during boot up when I select Nitdroid the same Kernel not syncing error started.

2. Again vanilla flashed and then freshly installed NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov and followed procedure of xuggs to upgrade to N12 as given on his website :
http://xuggs.blogspot.com/2010/12/ni...xmasdroid.html

Again I get the same kernel issue.

Can someone please help me on the same. Why is Nitdroid 0.0.8 getting installed using old installer, but the new one is not getting installed?

Why am I getting kernel not syncing error? Do I need to have any kernel preinstalled on N900 to install Nitdroid N12 Umay.

Please request you to help me.

Your kind help and support is highly appreciated.
follow http://maxed-nokia-n900.blogspot.com/

Tags
nitdroid 12, nokia n900