Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Nokia just published this new video and it is more likely about "mobile computing.. and is it possibly the n900 successor, the n9, will be announced soon??.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KUSFy_sWoo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
I think it's more on promoting their NSeries. Like the N8, it doesn't have the typical 1 GHZ processor that most phones are coming out nowadays. They want to show that you can do so much more with their phones.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
hmmm...dunno.

different kind of ad though.

they sure do think different on the other side of the pond.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
hope hope this bodes well for an N9 release....

&

I especially liked the youtube suggested Leaked Droid X AD (1984 / Mac Ad parody)

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Last edited by Snoshrk; 2010-09-28 at 00:45. Reason: add link

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Halifax, UK
the mobile computing part suggests the next in line from the N900 but seen as its only a teaser, it means nothing really.
the "N9" needs to be rebranded as well cos it seems silly having 3 different OS all branded as "N" series - and it needs a 2.5Ghz dualcore processor (2Ghz/500Mhz) with 8mp 1080p camera with xenon flash and a matching multitouch resistive screen. and a hw keyboard with an added joy stick that comes out/retracts when you open/close its 4" screen which just happens to sit up like the N97's did :-D

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I dont think nokia will release a meego phone this year just announce it hopefully at the meego conference...

but I dont hold my breath anymore...

just silence and I begin to think meego is halfdead project already. And another thing I noticed in media today readed that Intel had plans for "googletv" dont know mush about that project but that sounds alot android warning too me.

A little bit offtopic but the swedish mobile cmpany Sony Ericsson just dished symbian and plans to use android and winmobile in future mobiles.

Ofcourse I prefer Linux and meego+QT and new QT sdk looks very promising both on symbian and meego. But if only nokia will use S^4/Meego it I begin too think it really is dead end...

I really hope I am wrong but it need to happening something big now from nokia.

E7 looks promising as a bussines phone but N8 just looks like a bigjoke to mee.

time to release a meego killercomputerphone NOW else the project wiil die.

please dont take this as whining or trolling cause the truth is I like N900 and Maemo/meego but still...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
just silence and I begin to think meego is halfdead project already.
Well spreading fear and the like is a good way to pre-emptively kill a project.

time to release a meego killercomputerphone NOW else the project wiil die.
Now now now! Everything has to happen right now, this quarter! The future doesn't matter!

It's attitudes like that which will screw you long term. Like everyone saying Nokia should give up and use Android or Windows Phone. Sure, they could do it. And in the long term they'll be easily replaced and have nothing going for them. This issue will likely become an issue for HTC, Samsung and Motorola in their relationship with Google, I suspect.

This project isn't bound to the success or failure of Nokia's smartphone, I assure you. And personally, if it didn't take off I wouldn't be rushing to support any other mobile OS, most of which are a greater antithesis to the concept of being "Open" and "Free" than Android ever was.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
But if only nokia will use S^4/Meego it I begin too think it really is dead end...

I don't think it's such a bad idea if only nokia will use meego as a phone os. this way will not have fragmentation.
intel is going in as many way as possible . they are interested in selling hardware, not making money from software. they also invested a lot in meego so I don't think they'll quit the project.

E7 looks promising as a bussines phone but N8 just looks like a bigjoke to mee.
No..........obviously there is no reason to call you a troll, especially after we finally get a well worthy replacement to the N82. A 12 mpx camera with the largest sensor in a phone, larger than most P&S cameras, with a xenon flash, dual mics for stereo audio capture during 720p recording. Really, I agree with you 100%. It certainly is a big joke.

HINT: Reread the quote multiple times and look up the meaning of a troll.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
No..........obviously there is no reason to call you a troll, especially after we finally get a well worthy replacement to the N82. A 12 mpx camera with the largest sensor in a phone, larger than most P&S cameras, with a xenon flash, dual mics for stereo audio capture during 720p recording. Really, I agree with you 100%. It certainly is a big joke.

HINT: Reread the quote multiple times and look up the meaning of a troll.
Great now I can use all those great features on a good OS. Wait, no, I can't.