Notices

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
would it be at all possible to create a program / theme (maybe program + specially made themes) that allow you to change the colours in that theme?

for example, in the basic theme "Digital Nature" to change all of the orange elements into green elements.

cheers guys, something like this would be amazing for customising our N900's

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hmm I don't know about a program (it would be useful actually)..

But I think (might be totally wrong) that you can change the colors easily by going to /etc/hildon/theme/css/colors.css

Might be wrong though..

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Hmm I don't know about a program (it would be useful actually)..

But I think (might be totally wrong) that you can change the colors easily by going to /etc/hildon/theme/css/colors.css

Might be wrong though..
There is a program in the works by someone, and colors.css only changes font colors and some background colors.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Since there are scripts intended for automatigically change certain colors in different icon- and gtk themes for the gnome desktop it is certainly doable.

The non text colours you see are graphic images, you could copy them to your computer and edit them to what ever colour you desire.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
The non text colours you see are graphic images, you could copy them to your computer and edit them to what ever colour you desire.
- insert sarcasm -
You mean that I can't just open the images within the photo editor that comes with the N900 and edit the colors there. Dag, guess I need to download an app on my N900 for that
- exit sarcasm -

More seriously, I do wonder if this is something that a graphics editing app for the platform could handle before a theme-coloring panel (as was suggested by the OP) was finished.

Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
- insert sarcasm -
You mean that I can't just open the images within the photo editor that comes with the N900 and edit the colors there. Dag, guess I need to download an app on my N900 for that
- exit sarcasm -

More seriously, I do wonder if this is something that a graphics editing app for the platform could handle before a theme-coloring panel (as was suggested by the OP) was finished.
<SARCASM>
Oh, I didn't know the graphics images are accessable by Sketch.
</SARCASM>

It seemed the OP thought the operating system drew the graphics and therefore just change a figure somewhere and they change colour.

<SARCASM src="">
You have a point though - you could copy them to MyDocs and edit them with Sketch.
Maybe you could offer to do it for him, that would keep you busy.
</SARCASM>

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Sarcasm so doesn't work via text speak :P
<sarcasm> i know you're being sarcastic, but it just doesn't work? </sarcasm>

ok, enough mind-blowing,
@ andrewfblack
anymore deets on this app of yours?

i don't think i should be allowed to have mc, i'm attempting colour change purely on n900 right now.. i think i'll write my name onto everything in fire-truck red

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
I'm working on Hue changer actually.

that's wicked!
how long until we get something usable?

and on the note of manually changing the picture files to diff colours, where are the files actually located?