Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
i think "the problem" is that you just spammed a dozen threads with the same question and blew any chance of getting help from this forum
Best thing to do if you see these is go to each of the posts and click the exclamation in a triangle (report post) icon on the top-right of the posting and simply report it as cross-thread spamming, so the moderators become aware of this trend. Thanks for pointing it out, though.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I suspect the Epic Android thread is the last remaining thread with useful posts--so this is where they end up coming? Poor talk.MAEMO.org is just a shell of its former self lately. :P
So you don't consider the kernel threads useful or the CSSU threads or Hildon Desktop or App threads useful, or you just have your own personal definition of useful?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
So you don't consider the kernel threads useful or the CSSU threads or Hildon Desktop or App threads useful, or you just have your own personal definition of useful?
Tell me how useful have they been that we've been getting even the non-Android strays wandering into this thread so often to ask questions. That was, after all, the context of my post that you're replying to. Right?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

400 Pages!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Just ran across this video of the Asus EEE Pad Slider.

Same hardware as the Transformer, plus a full usb port. Looks like it is around 2 pounds, little heavy for a tablet, but it has the keyboard built-in.

From the video, it looks very stable in use (not prone to tipping over). Looks like it would be great to setup on a desk for some extra productivity, or watching videos on. Perhaps even in the car as an oversize GPS.

Any thoughts? A trackpad would have been nice to keep your hands in the same relative postion, without having to touch the screen?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Just ran across this video of the Asus EEE Pad Slider.

Same hardware as the Transformer, plus a full usb port. Looks like it is around 2 pounds, little heavy for a tablet, but it has the keyboard built-in.

From the video, it looks very stable in use (not prone to tipping over). Looks like it would be great to setup on a desk for some extra productivity, or watching videos on. Perhaps even in the car as an oversize GPS.

Any thoughts? A trackpad would have been nice to keep your hands in the same relative postion, without having to touch the screen?
Now THAT is an incredibly want-able form factor! It looks like it might be.. what? A 9-inch? It looks perfect for long trips.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Now THAT is an incredibly want-able form factor! It looks like it might be.. what? A 9-inch? It looks perfect for long trips.
I believe it's a 10" tablet. At 2 pounds, heavier than most tablets, but less than the Transformer + keyboard. A little extra weight for a keyboard, less battery than the Transformer+dock, but less weight as well. Also thinking, you can get some major storage with it. 32GB internal, 32GB microsd, AND 32GB microsd in one of those small usb adapters = 96GB without comprising the size/form.

Being a fan of the 7" size, I'd kill for that form factor in a 7" tablet. Although the keyboard might be a little cramped.

My birthday is in September, and I figure I'll get myself a new tablet. The S7 has some flaws, but is very usable. I'd like the upgrade to dual core, more RAM, and honeycomb.

I'd like to stay in the 7" size, but I'm not sure there will be anything worthwhile in a month or so. Baring any surprises in the 7" range, I'll probably opt for the Transformer (or possibly the Slider if available).

For the 7" size, I'd lean towards the Memo (but now word on availability), the Acer A100 looks interesting (but also looks like the battery is far too small). Vizio has an 8" (with IR). Amazon might also have a 7" soon.

Any suggestions, or anything I missed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:

thats what she...

ah nevermind

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
I believe it's a 10" tablet. At 2 pounds, heavier than most tablets, but less than the Transformer + keyboard. A little extra weight for a keyboard, less battery than the Transformer+dock, but less weight as well. Also thinking, you can get some major storage with it. 32GB internal, 32GB microsd, AND 32GB microsd in one of those small usb adapters = 96GB without comprising the size/form.

Being a fan of the 7" size, I'd kill for that form factor in a 7" tablet. Although the keyboard might be a little cramped.

My birthday is in September, and I figure I'll get myself a new tablet. The S7 has some flaws, but is very usable. I'd like the upgrade to dual core, more RAM, and honeycomb.

I'd like to stay in the 7" size, but I'm not sure there will be anything worthwhile in a month or so. Baring any surprises in the 7" range, I'll probably opt for the Transformer (or possibly the Slider if available).

For the 7" size, I'd lean towards the Memo (but now word on availability), the Acer A100 looks interesting (but also looks like the battery is far too small). Vizio has an 8" (with IR). Amazon might also have a 7" soon.

Any suggestions, or anything I missed?
If you want something that is 7inch and has a keyboard I recommend the Viliv S7 its probably the same price as the the eee pad Slider and it can run Windows, Android, Ubuntu or just about any other operating system you want. Plus the battery life is superb at nearly 10 hours and it weighs 1.8 pounds rather than two pounds. The Viliv S7 seems like a better choice for your needs. Here is some demonstrations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TSuco9vNGU
Where to buy it
http://www.dynamism.com/viliv-s7-premium.shtml

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
It's as if it was meant to be. I was lurking and made it just in time for the 4000th post!

Congrats everyone!

Some of us are talking on Google+ (I will be begin more actively posting soon). Get an invite and join us!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy