Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
So, i was trying to get Nokia Energy Profiler installed, as per the advice here: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1507649
Turns out it wasn't that simple, but what else is to be expected after Nokia abandoned us, Microsoft bought what was left of Nokia's phone division, and really decided we weren't worth the time and effort to keep around...So, i went on a bit of an explorative trip, but as i tturns out i'm just missing key bits of information, making me unable to bridge the gap on my own. And to make matters worse, my device "speaks" swedish, so the error message is... wague at best, but here goes:

I get an error message stating that i cant connect to the host.I have no proper error message in english.Bottom line is "download failed" which i suppose might be due to a host no longer being available?

I have been searching, and looking for something of a solution, but all i got was [url=https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85966]this[/quote] thread.
It hinted at running apt-get install devtools-power which returned a bit of text, and a y/n ? to which responding Y made it burp out a bunch of "unable to resolve host" and the address pointing at Nokia, so i suppose that makes sense. So, how do i "replace" the hosts they are trying to resolve, with once that work, and have the stuff?

I thought "everything" was in the warehouse app, but again, my search skills seam weak, and i cant find it. Is there anyone out there who knows what i need to be doing to sort this out?

Thank you guys n' girls for the time and effort.
B!

Last edited by Mr B; 2016-06-25 at 01:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post:
Install N9 RepoMirror from Warehouse?

Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Install N9 RepoMirror from Warehouse?
Is installed, and have been for some time. I'll uninstall it and try to re-install it, see if something is "wrong" with it.

Edit
Installing it threw an error message,
Operation failed: E-sub something threw an error.
It's not on screen long enough to figure out quite what it says, but i suppose uninstalling it was a mistake. Now it just throws the error, and then the button "install" is back again.
/Edit

Some More Edit's
After rebooting the phone, it's apparently not uninstalled. Which very well could cause the error on installing i suppose.
Running out of ideas, again. And it's 3 in the morning, so it's bedtime. I'll read up on any wisdom posted through the night, when i get back up.

Again, thank you all. anyone who reads this far down, for your time and effort.
/Some More Edit's

Last edited by Mr B; 2016-06-16 at 01:10.

Not the only one having problems with this as keeps saying installation interrupted cancel or retry but now partly solved by installing missing dependencies as below then re-run "Install" in developer mode. Getting wake-up plug in error but functioning and reading 0.25W on mine. Sorry spent enough time on this for now but don't know whether order of installation makes a difference to result and too many possible permutations.

Presuming that you have Coderus Aegis-install hack package installed;
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750

If you place any of armel.deb in home/user/MyDocs you would need to use aegis-dpkg -i filename to install after devel-su password cd /home/user/MyDocs

You can look for these upon Coderus's repository:
https://coderus.openrepos.net/n9mirror/tools/

libnep0_1.4.1+0m6_armel.deb (would install this first though)
energy-profiler_1.4.4+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-server_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-ram_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-power_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-net_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-cpu_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb

No point trying to install devtools-power_1.48+0m6_armel.deb by itself as doomed to failure.

Perhaps somebody else has better luck in getting no errors with this.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-06-17 at 12:41.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
for me the newest version also not work.
Try the older ones from Openrepos.

go to www.openrepos.net

search for repomirror and download the older ones. Dont use Warehouse. That always will try to install the latest what fail.

Chilango's suggestion seams more... suited to my level of expertize. (Which is, none.)
So i grabbed both the files there. I'll hopefully get around to put the older one, 0.6.0, on the phone after a few hours of sleep.
Well, mainly coz Windows 10 is acting up and needs a reboot to find any USB devices, and i have a bunch of VM's updating to Windows 10, so i'm not rebooting right now.

Anyway, thank you all for your input. Not sure i'f i'll be able to sort this out on my own, but that's just the way it is. Without you guys holding my hand online, i'd be suck for sure.
B!

Remember you must allow the phone to accept non-Store packages in Settings > Applications > Installations first and then easiest to point N9 browser towards openrepos.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Remember you must allow the phone to accept non-Store packages in Settings > Applications > Installations first and then easiest to point N9 browser towards openrepos.
That has already been done.
Any ideas as to why the darn thing fails? 0.7.2, that is? 0.6.0 worked, but of course, still no Energy profiler, and now (of course) it wants to update to 0,7,2, but fails.
Weird world.

Can i install it manually by running these files on the phone?

libnep0_1.4.1+0m6_armel.deb (would install this first though)
energy-profiler_1.4.4+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-server_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-ram_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-power_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-net_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
energy-profiler-plugin-cpu_1.3.0+0m6_armel.deb
(Thats how i installed the repo. Downloaded it on the PC, put it in the "download" folder on the phone, and used "File Manager" ( https://openrepos.net/content/hooddy...r-file-manager ) to navigate to it, and tapped once on it. But this Energy Profiler thingy seams a bit more.... complex.

B!

Ironically just checked an old device which had old version of n9repomirror_0.5.0 installed and it installed "Power analysis" without any problems. I can't remember for what reason ancelad removed this early version from openrepos, but I never get prompted to update it.

If you go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications - what version is now shown under N9 RepoMirror?

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2016-06-26 at 13:34.

If you go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications - what version is now shown under N9 RepoMirror?

Misc text to account for a to short post...