Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
The native is supposed to be improved in 1.1. Anyone able to expand on this?

According to Konttori, if Im not remembering incorrectly, updates to FB are coming in 1.2 as well.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by babraq View Post
Probably I found major regression. When you writing a text message, indicator of how many chars you have and number of messages is gone. Can someone confirm this?
Perhaps they only appear if you reach 160 characters? (haven't checked myself)

This is just great! Just when I was about to order a N9 I hear the PR 1.1 update has broken the camera.

Originally Posted by photonavdk View Post
I can't get Facebook working at all. Not in the feed, in contacts, the app itself or in the online/offline switcher... Does anybody have an idea what to do? I'm kinda lost here. Tried switching the phone off and on, turning dev mode on/off, deactivated Facebook and reactivated it... Don't what more I can do?
Ok, just deleted the account and added it again - seems to work now, except in the online/offline switcher where it says "Network error". I can live with that, though...

The Following User Says Thank You to photonavdk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Wait, it hasnt BROKEN the camera has it? It this 100% across every phone updated to PR 1.1?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by ammar.m View Post
This is just great! Just when I was about to order a N9 I hear the PR 1.1 update has broken the camera.
yeh, itll be 6 months before its fixed knowing nokia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Wait, it hasnt BROKEN the camera has it? It this 100% across every phone updated to PR 1.1?
Nope, no 100%. It works in mine like a charm (but I must confess I went through "apt-get dist-upgrade", had only half of the os working, flashed using PR1.0 and then was able to install the update to PR1.1; don't try this at home .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boudjere For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna
Updated to PR1.1, no problems at all, everything working nicely, swype is great, overall improved snappiness.

One gripe though, which is to my mind a regression:

Scrolling in the default browser and the document/pdf viewer - in PR1.0 the scroll direction was constrained to horizontal/vertical if you did not veer too much from that direction - in PR1.1 it seems to be always unconstrained.

Can someone confirm?

I'd like to have the constraint back, as it's very useful for reading when zoomed in to a column of text!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Update OP with what everyone contributed. Good list so far as we are now able to see the smaller details the official change log did not include.

Thanks all.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Notifications in the status bar at the top is now not shown as the generic green flag, but as an "@" or a SMS icon, depending on what notifications you have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decibyte For This Useful Post: