Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
as the title says, whenever i use 3g on my phone, it get quiet hot and sometimes so hot that its difficult to handle it. i have disconnect from 3g and keep the device aside for sometime so it cools down. nothing like this happens when i use wifi
im on pr1.3
tried flashing the firmware too, the problem is still there.
is there any solution for this ??

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Hong Kong
I second this. Ever after the upgrade to PR1.3, phone will heat up when using Internet connection. This didn't happen during previous releases.

I've had some weird stability issues since PR1.3 as well, like I had the web browser almost completely lock up on TMO for a good 40-50 seconds just while I was trying to reply to a post. I've had the heat up issue as well, though that was cleared up by a reboot. I tend to think a lot of the issues is just some programs not being updated to work with some of the 'bug fixes'. At least that's what I'm HOPING.

Anyhow, would really suck if this ended up being the last update and it was buggy....

slaapliedje

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I've had some weird stability issues since PR1.3 as well, like I had the web browser almost completely lock up on TMO for a good 40-50 seconds just while I was trying to reply to a post. I've had the heat up issue as well, though that was cleared up by a reboot. I tend to think a lot of the issues is just some programs not being updated to work with some of the 'bug fixes'. At least that's what I'm HOPING.

Anyhow, would really suck if this ended up being the last update and it was buggy....

slaapliedje
Not sure if yours is the same issue. My guess is that the reboot solved another case of heat-up which is probably caused by processes like tracker?

3G heat-up happened whenever internet connection was used. I wanted to believe it was the hot weather to be blamed.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
hot weather + 3G connection = heat...

The body of the n9 while durable, allows heat to pass to the surface for the simple reason that the battery and processors are in such a tight case...there is no output for heat except for your hand...

Don't be alarmed by it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: