Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I tried to write to him but I have had no answer. Qgil, if you decide to do this chool site, please let me know so I can get the contents in spanish, too. I've been already working with penguinbait on his blog, translating tablet related stuff. PM me if you are interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to eliagp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
By the time the Maemo 5 beta SDK goes out maemo.org should be an independent site run fully by the community. If you (plural) would want, you could have time enough to prepare a school.maemo.org before the Maemo 5 final release. Let us know if the maemo.org team can help you on that.
I would also be willing to pitch in any way I could.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I have no intention to push a Maemo school myself. I just happen to think that school.maemo.org would be a sensible evolution to her (because krisse is a she) IT school.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Had no idea she was a girl ^^. well if anyone picks it up, let me know.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I agree Quim. It would be a shame to lose what's been done.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
I have no intention to push a Maemo school myself. I just happen to think that school.maemo.org would be a sensible evolution to her (because krisse is a she) IT school.
I'd always assumed that, but so many references to "him" left me trying to structure sentences about ITS in an impersonal way to avoid offence. Ho hum.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
The original poster has some interesting opinions about how Nokia conduct their business, but I have some of my own.
I believe this point about Nokia not wanting to compete with itself (ie. S60 vs Maemo) is not how Nokia operate. I believe Nokia compete internally and operate like lots of small businesses hustling for a greater market share.
I also believe the internet tablet market is still a viable market and the latest iPhone, or Android phone cannot compete with what the nokia internet tablet has achieved for many years.
I think the limited features now present in all the latest phones might start to interest the market into looking at a more usable and truly mobile multimedia and communications platform.
Unfortuatly, nokia at present, doesn't associate the tablet with phones and therefore you wont see the tablet advertised along with the constant bombardment of phone marketing and this would explain the poor sales performance. Its as if they expected it to sell itself. Who knows, maybe it just might?

Anyway, the tablet school was just the thing the layman needed. Its a shame it wont be updated, but thanks for the content already there.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
... think of the huge amount of work they imply... you'll have to wait... By the time the Maemo 5 beta SDK goes out maemo.org should be an independent site run fully by the community. If you (plural) would want, you could have time enough to prepare a school.maemo.org before the Maemo 5 final release...
Drat, there goes my hopes for a springtime M5 release.