Hello,

My screen cracked on monday, when it fell from half a meter to the ground (it was with a screen protector and the original case).

I've got back it today with a new screen from my mobile provider. The positive thing, the screen and the repair cost around 70 dollars.

Greets from Peru!
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to lebb53 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Originally Posted by smart View Post
hello,
big brother is back repaired a few minutes, about 10 days to the office for a repair cost of 150 € .... all things considered (model, original spare parts availability, that is not officially for sale in Italy) it seems a good price and an acceptable time.
To keep for a few days my 2 n9, however, prefer to use my first purchase, it is already updated to pr1.2 while the second purchase is a cv switzerland still standing at PR1.1. Maybe in a few days I'll sell it, I have yet to decide whether to keep or give away as a spare car to my family ... to make sure I always have one ready ... hahaha ... I really think that the swipe is almost a drug with many other functions ... in fact I want to use swipe on all phones (not n9) of my friends ... (s2-iphone-htc. .. etc etc. ..) but you can not ... hahaha ...
greetings and congratulations to all the good forum for daily updates.
Hello.
Great to know that you have the big brother back
Now only if Nokia will make phones with tempered glass!!
Gorilla glass is not typical Nokia strong. All Nokias should be made like the indestructible 3300 series!

The Following User Says Thank You to noipv4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Originally Posted by lebb53 View Post
Hello,

My screen cracked on monday, when it fell from half a meter to the ground (it was with a screen protector and the original case).

I've got back it today with a new screen from my mobile provider. The positive thing, the screen and the repair cost around 70 dollars.

Greets from Peru!
Did you get your phone repaired in Peru? 70 dollars is a real bargain! In the US the screen costs more than 100 dollars.

The Following User Says Thank You to noipv4 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noipv4 View Post
Did you get your phone repaired in Peru? 70 dollars is a real bargain! In the US the screen costs more than 100 dollars.
Yes, I've got my phone repaired in Peru, in Movistar (as I bought the phone from them). Yes I know (I do some research because one of my options was to buy a screen from ebay and replaced it myself) that it's not expensive at all. Don't know why the price difference.

Greets!

Last edited by lebb53; 2012-03-23 at 06:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lebb53 For This Useful Post:
I am trying to find the torx screws for the N9, tried to swap to cyan and stripped the head off of a chassis, need a replacement screw. And also need to find out how to take the head stripped screw out of the the chassis any ideas guys?

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
I am trying to find the torx screws for the N9, tried to swap to cyan and stripped the head off of a chassis, need a replacement screw. And also need to find out how to take the head stripped screw out of the the chassis any ideas guys?
I'm in exactly the same situation. Got all screws out except the top-right silver one which wouldn't budge and is now stripped. Put the phone back together without 4 screws and the retaining clip thing and it's working fine! So until I can borrow a mini dremel type thing and extract/kill the offending screw (and probably break the phone at the same time) I'm still with a black case, but I shouldn't to worry about a missing screw afterwards - we'll have just upgraded to a very slightly lighter version of the standard n9!

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
found a shop close by they want $30 to do a replacement housing, will just take it to them tomorrow

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Whereabout this?

Here in London the local Nokia Care Point asked 120 pounds for the fix.
At first I thought it was expensive, now I realize it's very cheap!

But if I can find a cheaper alternative, I'd go for that, even if that means changing it myself (as I did for my N900 LCD )

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
hmmm after seeing some of the pictures... I guess I can wait a bit longer to actually replace my screen!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ynohtna For This Useful Post:
Hi Everyone - I'm new to the forum. I successfully replaced my N9 screen (it was cracked) and housing (from black to blue) this weekend. The hardest part was probably knifing the white screen frame piece off the old screen and gluing it onto the new one.

However, I have run into a minor problem, which i just discovered this morning. it appears that one small area of the screen is not registering directional swipes. It's not really noticeable unless you are using the swype keyboard, so the phone is fully usuable for the time being.

Even though I can deal with not fixing it, I'm wondering if anyone can help me diagnose the problem. Could it be one of the metallic prongs on the back of the screen is not making good contact? Or is it the screen connector itself? Or is it a damaged screen? Any help would be appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droosie For This Useful Post: