Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
It also probably comes from the same guy that has stolen code from virtually any emulator in existence and then released it as a closed source _paid_ package (despite violating the snes9x license).

However, if I try to enforce the license I'll be the bad guy here.

"Oh yeah, Android is so open." My ***.

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-03-05 at 18:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
It also probably comes from the same guy that has stolen code from virtually any emulator in existence and then released it as a closed source _paid_ package (despite violating the zsnes license).

However, if I try to enforce the license I'll be the bad guy here.

"Oh yeah, Android is so open." My ***.
I read that this emu is based on mupen64plus emulator. Why is it paid and if it works well ( for the moment only for nexus S and galaxy S2, and it's not very good by the way), will there be a way to port it on maemo??

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
I read that this emu is based on mupen64plus emulator. Why is it paid and if it works well ( for the moment only for nexus S and galaxy S2, and it's not very good by the way), will there be a way to port it on maemo??
Based? It is a ripoff, like most of his other stuff. And this time he didn't stop violating the SNES9x license, he decided to violate the GPLv3 straight up (unless he's giving buyers the source, which I read he hasn't so far).

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-03-05 at 18:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Why would we port it to maemo? You do realise what thread you are in right?
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

pmsl /\ /\ /\

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Based? It is a ripoff, like most of his other stuff. And this time he didn't stop violating the SNES9x license, he decided to violate the GPLv3 straight up (unless he's giving buyers the source, which I read he hasn't so far).
In a world where Apple are market leaders, there really is no way in hell anything will be able to be done about it either.

Hey guys,

could somebody please upload the customconfig for the keyboard and the sixaxis as well. The link in the wiki is dead.

Thanks

Also, why do I get an error and an immediate crash when I select the directory of the roms and try to launch? My input setting won't open either. I tried reinstalling of the app, but nothing changed.

The new emulator for Android (n64oid) is stealing the free and open work done on the Mupen64+ .
Developers such as Adventus and Ari64 have been ripped off.
Yonghz hasn't provided any credits to the original developers, nor does he intend to.
He is not providing the source, and he isn't sharing his undeserved profits.

This is direct violence against GPL licenses (which are a big part of linux, consequently Android). After some quick dissasembly, it is obvious the work is not original, its stupidly obvious.
The best thing is for yonghz to comply and share the profits, otherwise Google should be notified so they can remove it and any variations of it.

Those that really want it could get it in those "backyard Appstores", its just disgusting to see years of dedicated teamwork being spat on by one greedy person.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The new emulator for Android (n64oid) is stealing the free and open work done on the Mupen64+ .
Developers such as Adventus and Ari64 have been ripped off.
Yonghz hasn't provided any credits to the original developers, nor does he intend to.
He is not providing the source, and he isn't sharing his undeserved profits.

This is direct violence against GPL licenses (which are a big part of linux, consequently Android). After some quick dissasembly, it is obvious the work is not original, its stupidly obvious.
The best thing is for yonghz to comply and share the profits, otherwise Google should be notified so they can remove it and any variations of it.

Those that really want it could get it in those "backyard Appstores", its just disgusting to see years of dedicated teamwork being spat on by one greedy person.
Yonghz? Oh I was immediately under the impression it was ZodTTD? Then again they worked together to steal the PSX4droid did they not? Someone here should seriously dob them in to Google. Draft up some instructions to do it, spread it around, and see if we get enough to do it and get some attention.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64