Originally Posted by JohnHughes View Post
You bastard, You owe me GBP 590

So let's hope he really ships them today!

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Even almost all of the US compact cars are having AUX In now (and they have much lower trims than compact cars in Europe), so i'm wondering how it's in Europe. In Germany i have a decent JVC deck anyway, but... why do people need the FM transmitter so much? It's 2011... next time people asking for cassette adapters so they can connect their portable CD players to the car's stereo....
Not every car radio has AUX input (not to mention not everyone walks around with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable in their pocket) or bluetooth in... Every car radio has FM reception.

Also, it's 2011, but what % of cars on the road are from 2011?

FM TX isn't really a "NEED", but I'd definitely say it's one of the features I'll miss most from my N900.

EDIT: No offense intended if this message came across as a little rash.

Last edited by biatch0; 2011-10-06 at 15:24.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Even almost all of the US compact cars are having AUX In now ...
My 6-year old Golf 5 TDI doesn't. I would rather have a phone with FMTX than buy a new car (which I don't plan on doing for the next 2 years), or buy a different system for the car *just* for aux in.

Now, if the N9 gets Nokia Car Link, it might be worthwhile getting that Alpine ICS-X8 and I wouldn't worry about FMTX much.

The Following User Says Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My 4 year old Mustang came with a AUX. It matters on your make, model and package.

My newer Pioneer replacement has AUX, USB and allows for Bluetooth streaming. I don't even use FM Radio, find it annoying while traveling to always have to locate and seek for a signal, use XM Radio instead.

Different uses for different people. That's what you guys are discussing at the moment.

And for the record, there's been quite a bit of good hands-on information about the released Nokia N9. I'm not saying that this thread needs to be renamed, but I think that a lot of the better, actual discussion needs to be in a new thread and this thread for the continued areas and discussions for the folks not in the areas where the N9 has been released and we're still discussion, speculating and ranting about that.

Just a thought.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
My 6-year old Golf 5 TDI doesn't. I would rather have a phone with FMTX than buy a new car (which I don't plan on doing for the next 2 years), or buy a different system for the car *just* for aux in.

Now, if the N9 gets Nokia Car Link, it might be worthwhile getting that Alpine ICS-X8 and I wouldn't worry about FMTX much.
Are you guys happy with the stock audio systems? I have replaced the stock systems or installed an aftermarket one for every car i owned, and they were as old as 13 years. It's the manufacturer's fault that they provide you mostly lowtech sets. Like Volkswagen who liked to charge a premium for their integrated crap that you get better performance out of a 60EUR aftermarket stereo, or BMW that did not even provide USB or SD interfaces in their premium sets like 3 or 4 years ago.

Maybe i'm not changing cars as often as you guys seem to do, but when i get a rental, i always prepare with a thumbdrive and a stereo cable. (I never use the N900 for audio anyway, that's what the Cowon is for.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
anyone know how to get the xterminal to open?

Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
Oh mighty N9, could you please say hi to TMO community members?

We should open a new thread for this! Name it like "My N9 arrived, says hello to TMO"...

and everyone receiving his/her N9 posts a photo with a personal greeting message

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
Oh mighty N9, could you please say hi to TMO community members?

I think you broke your N9. There are some strange sybols where there are supposed to be letters

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
anyone know how to get the xterminal to open?
You need to activate developer mode and install the additional packages.

My website

GitHub

Wohooo.... my N9 will leave Denmark tonight and is going on its way to Germany via Express delivery... I'm starting to feel like a child just before Christmas... :-)

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????