Thoughtfix is giving away a Nokia N810 Internet Tablet! If you want a chance to win a Nokia N810, all you have to do is create a video on how you would use a Nokia Internet Tablet in your everyday life, and upload it in YouTube as a 'video response' to Thoughtfix's video, tagging it as 'Thoughtfix Nokia N810 Giveaway Contest Entry'. The deadline to submit your videos is on November 16. Finalists will be announced here at Internet Tablet Talk on November 17. View the official details.
Read the full article.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Read the full article.
Does the above come as an official announcement by Nokia ?

Darius

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
No. Read the article, Darius.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
That's right. This is not related to or sponsored by Nokia. I wish I had sponsors

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'll sponsor you Dan!

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Yay! Send money! hehehe

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
... Does poor video recorded with an nokia 6630 ll be admited ? (1.3 Mpixel camera).

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Sweden
I like my N800 because it runs linux and is open source but is there not more people that think that Nokia in a way is using us as free labour for development of applications and creative ways to use the tablet...

When I now see this thing, that Nokia wants us to do free commercials for them and say that they "might give you a cookie”, I get kind of angry. What seemed like an open alternative now more and more feels like Nokia uses us as free labour for software development and testing of their product. I'm getting more and more interested in Open Moko, because right now I kind of feel like a guinea pig/part of Nokias non-profit workforce, where they sell us a product that we have taken part of the development in. :-(

Originally Posted by Tirithen View Post
I like my N800 because it runs linux and is open source but is there not more people that think that Nokia in a way is using us as free labour for development of applications and creative ways to use the tablet...

When I now see this thing, that Nokia wants us to do free commercials for them and say that they "might give you a cookie”, I get kind of angry. What seemed like an open alternative now more and more feels like Nokia uses us as free labour for software development and testing of their product. I'm getting more and more interested in Open Moko, because right now I kind of feel like a guinea pig/part of Nokias non-profit workforce, where they sell us a product that we have taken part of the development in. :-(
This is nothing official! Nokia has nothing to do with it - *read* before you post.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Tirithen View Post

I am lost! Did Nokia ever 'draft' you for the job? I mean 'draft', i.e., no option to refuse, not recruit. "might give you a cookie" is an alright statement, but "feel like a guinea pig" is totally uncalled for.

bun