Not sure why this would have happened...

So I was looking for 'whois' on my N9, and apt-cache search showed that 'bsdmainutils' contained it. So it pulled in a few other packages, (from memory) coreutils and debianutils and at least 1 other.

But after I had set my phone and did a few other things, I came back and picked up the phone and well... it's missing most of the top icons! Messages is gone, Phone is gone, Contacts...

The icons are now;

Search, Web, Camera, Gallery, Video, Drive, Twitter, Settings, Feeds, Notes, User guide, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Youtube, Documents, Track & Prot.. After that is the stuff I've installed myself.

Any ideas?

slaapliedje

Whoa! WTF? It had removed all of the other stuff! I didn't see that it said it'd remove it. Anyone else run into this?

slaapliedje

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Whoa! WTF? It had removed all of the other stuff! I didn't see that it said it'd remove it. Anyone else run into this?

slaapliedje
happened to me too...and last night i did it on purpose to see if i can fix it back...but i went for reflash

To safely reset the launcher configuration, log in as root through an SSH connection, stop the home screen, remove the launcher configuration and restart the home screen. This way the launcher configuration is not being modified from two places at the same time.

stop xsession/mthome
rm -f /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data
start xsession/mthome

When the data file is removed and the home screen is restarted the default configuration is automatically copied over from /etc/xdg/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data. Any additionally installed applications will appear below the stock applications.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info, Vesuri. Unfortunately one of the things it was complaining about when I was almost finished with installing everything again, was airui. I had to install that through the OVI store, so I started that, and while it said 'restart your phone to apply the changes' I think the store hadn't finished saying it was done installing. Went to reboot, and it stuck on "NOKIA"...

Needless to say I had to reflash it, and the best part... when it finally finished the flashing process... the icons were still out of order, and it said "airui now installed"! Thought it was hilarious, yet so irritating. Well now I have my device mostly back to what it was. Still need to get the n9qtweak, but otherwise back in working order.

I'll consider setting it back to default icon layout, I ended up putting in a few more folders this time around.

slaapliedje