Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
if the device was not shutdown in device lock mode you can power up without it needed.
For flashing I don't know if the lock mode is changed, the password stays but the delay to auto-lock is gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Hum... a reflash disables the device lock?
Yes. Unlike the lock code itself (which is saved in CAL), the setting to activate the lock is stored in GConf (/system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_enabled), which of course is not stored when reflashing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Yes. Unlike the lock code itself (which is saved in CAL), the setting to activate the lock is stored in GConf (/system/osso/dsm/locks/devicelock_autolock_enabled), which of course is not stored when reflashing.
the value here is "true" without device_lock active. maybe its the applet that needs to be true?! I believe its not stored on eMMC1 so it will be flashed away... (cant find anything telling other than that)

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Is it fixed in PR1.3? I'm not eager to read 13 pages of text...

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
It would have been enough to read the first three posts and check it.

As far as I can see it has been solved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iTor For This Useful Post:

Tags
conversations, debate, email, fremantle, instant message, instant messaging, maemo, maemo 5, modest, password, passwords, plain text, security, telepathy