Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Just recently, my internal GPS and accelerometer devices have vanished from the status menu. As a heads up, note that my device has been overclocked but running it with the stock settings and with the normal PR1.3 kernel doesn't seem to help. Also, I just recently installed several applications which include build-essential, locate, Ansel-A, AppWatch, BlessN900, HDR Capture, Htop, Lowlight, vim, WifiEye, Queen Beecon Widget and most notably rotatedeamon.

As for the accelerometer, its kernel module is loaded but not in use, but if I try to manaully start up rotatedaemon I get :

Code:
[1|user@Nokia-N900|~]rotatedaemon
Cannot open accelerometer FD
Aborted
This can be fixed by performing the following :

Code:
[1|user@Nokia-N900|~]sudo rmmod lis302dl
[1|user@Nokia-N900|~]sudo modprobe lis302dl
[1|user@Nokia-N900|~]rotatedaemon
Active window is    
QPoint(-36,36) 
Active window is    
QPoint(-18,54) 
Active window is    
QPoint(-18,54) 
Active window is    
QPoint(-18,54) 
Active window is    
QPoint(-18,54) 
^C
But this behavior persists upon each reboot/powercycle of the device, for which I have no explanation.

As for the the internal hardware GPS, I still haven't figured out how to enable it. The problem is that something is squatting on the ad5820 kernel module. One would think that performing a

Code:
[1|user@Nokia-N900|~]sudo /etc/init.d/location-proxy stop
Stopping Location proxy: location-proxy.
would "solve" the problem and allow the kernel module to be reloaded, yet it doesn't.

Code:
[1|user@Nokia-N900|~]ps -A | grep -i location
 1507 root      7972 S    /usr/bin/location-proxy --no-detach
As you can see there's a process still using the module and it seems to be set to respawn as trying to kill it just results in giving it another process ID. This may have something to do with inittab although the above file is not directly referenced in it.

So my question is "how can I get my accelerometer and internal hardware GPS back without having to perform a bunch of tedium upon each reboot?"

Thanks,

jdb2

The Following User Says Thank You to jdb2 For This Useful Post:
At least for accelerometer it may sometimes help to turn off the device, remove the battery for a minute or so, reinstall, restart. Worked for me a couple of times (well, that particular accelerometer problem also stopped happening after one of the firmware upgrades).

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Klein/Spring, Texas, USA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
At least for accelerometer it may sometimes help to turn off the device, remove the battery for a minute or so, reinstall, restart. Worked for me a couple of times (well, that particular accelerometer problem also stopped happening after one of the firmware upgrades).
Removing the battery fixed the accelerometer problem although the GPS is still missing. I don't suppose anyone knows how to fix the missing GPS issue?

Thanks!

jdb2

Last edited by jdb2; 2011-02-19 at 03:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdb2 For This Useful Post: