Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
I recently bought dropped N9 about 30$ from workmate. But problem is usb port gone broken. I could disassambled only display. Usb port schematic seems good. I can't disassamble flat and battery section coz i don't have special srewdrive. Is there any connector and flexible wire to connected usb port section. and any solution to repair it. please advice me. I charge battery bit using charger + - wire and now phone has switched on. shows battery status 1 percent and standby mode about 3 hrs.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Berlin
That's a common fault with nokia. I had several n97 with brocken usb port. There are spare ports out there on the internet for N97 at least, but replacing them seemed quite complicated. In fact I still use a brocken N97: I change the batteries and charged them external. Data can be exchange over bluetooth or wiFi/ WLAN, I use SymFTP (N97 runs symbian).

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
thanks. if it will not repaired

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
fixing the N9 port is not difficult at all. I fixed one for a friend, and also fixed both my N900 USB ports.

This was my 1st SMD project and went well first time

If you will DIY this, get the schematics, disassembly diagrams, and do a bit of research on SMD work.

If you don't have proper hot air gun and must use a soldering iron, lots of flux and solder wick are a MUST. I used this latter method.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post: