The capacitive screen takes current generated by human fingers as its power sources thats why it will not work with gloves and normal stylus (except for L920).

Now when screenguard is attached it acts as a 100% insulater between the screen and human finger because its polymer. So how does the screen work?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
it responds to an electic field disruption created by a conducting element such as your finger. So a screenguard doesnt interfere with that. You can even put your tshirt or a piece of paper between the screen and your finger, and than it still works.

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
it responds to an electic field disruption created by a conducting element such as your finger. So a screenguard doesnt interfere with that. You can even put your tshirt or a piece of paper between the screen and your finger, and than it still works.
T-Shirt or Gloves is the special case with Lumia 920. But screenguard which is made up of polymor (since polymor is an insulator not a conductor of current). Doesn't it block the current generated from our fingers?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I have a screenguard on my Touchpad, and i felt a bit less sensitivity. Also, the screen was visibly not as clear (because of refractions). Other than that, no issues. Even with glass, i won't leave it unprotected (looks at colleague's scratched iPad screen).

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
T-Shirt or Gloves is the special case with Lumia 920. But screenguard which is made up of polymor (since polymor is an insulator not a conductor of current). Doesn't it block the current generated from our fingers?
No problem, a capacitor is always insulated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacit...y_of_operation

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
As soon as I know capacitive touchscreen can be tuned the way you don't even have to touch it, just place your finger very close to it (aprox. 1 mm). Some kind of electric or magnetic field?

This is why you can put something tiny between your finger and touchscreen and it still will work.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
As soon as I know capacitive touchscreen can be tuned the way you don't even have to touch it, just place your finger very close to it (aprox. 1 mm). Some kind of electric or magnetic field?
It is an electric field...
Thats the definition of how a capacitor works.
Two areas electrically isolated from eachother is affecting the charges in eachother, by the electric fields created by eachother.