I have seen a couple of video's now of people controlling RC vehicles (a helicopter and a car) using their N900.. this got me to wondering if it was possible to manipulate the function of various recievers on the device..

More specificly I am wondering if the WiFi or any of the radio recievers could be used as a radar of sorts.. you could add the CB radio frequencies to look for and the device could show you were they were on the map with a little blue dot or something (means it needs to be plugged in to navigation software..?)

AFAIK

- the IR is output only by hardware
- the wifi is unhackable: even if it has a radio transmitter, it is locked on the porpouse of wifi connections, and you cant get raw data by software. this is done by hardware design

this has been discused before, and now is a dead thread for a good reason
- the others receivers (cellular, bluetooth, gps) has the same design, so the same limitations.

Nothing stops you to make an arduino with those receivers and read the raw data from there

hope this helps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clasificado For This Useful Post:
Besides, even if N900 had a cb radio receiver, it wouldn't be possible to tell where the signals come from..