How to install origin file from memory card location using osso_xterm?
Hi there! I encountered the problem with installing some applications.
Sometimes there is a need in reflashing NIT and after this operation I need the application to be installed! But often there is not an internet access and I need to install applications without it. That's why I downloaded necessary application files towards my memory card. Some apps are being installed normally - but others - Application manager gives the answer "incompatible package". I'm sure that this applications are proper because I downloaded and installed them using Xterminal with the help of "app-get install". I enabled the root access and installed them correctly - but when I try do this through app manager - it answers the same incompatible error. Maybe someone will help me to handle Xterm command to install this files from memory card with the help of Xterm. I tried the one (apt-get install filename media/ mmc2/applications/filename.deb) but it dosn't work. Maybe I made a mistake or smth else. Or maybe someone know the application manager name to run it through Xterminal. For example Xterminal has a name - Xterm.
That's all - wait for your replies! Thanks beforehand!))

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I think you need to use dpkg -i /media/mmc2/filename.deb, not apt-get install. But the tricky thing is that you'll need all the dependencies too.