I'm in portland OR with very strong Tmobile 3G almost everywhere, my n900 looses 3.5 to 3G and it also looses the conection when switching from 3G to 2.5. in only displays a "no cellular data" available and it takes some time to find the cellular data again.
anyone experiencing the same issues? it's getting frustrating to drop the call when the phone is doing that. Shouldn't the phone switch automatically between frequencies like any other phone?
thanks

It shows 3.5G when there is active connection.
If you're idle, it only shows 3G, I was told about this in my previous thread, search for HSDPA (3.5G)

thanks, I saw your post. my issue is the phone completely loosing signal when switching frequencies. Next to another Tmobile phone, the other phone switches 3G to 2.5 without ever loosing signal.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by alejovh1 View Post
I'm in portland OR with very strong Tmobile 3G almost everywhere, my n900 looses 3.5 to 3G and it also looses the conection when switching from 3G to 2.5. in only displays a "no cellular data" available and it takes some time to find the cellular data again.
anyone experiencing the same issues? it's getting frustrating to drop the call when the phone is doing that. Shouldn't the phone switch automatically between frequencies like any other phone?
thanks
I am running into this same problem with 2G and Edge. Also when I lose a signal, it takes up to two minutes to reacquire a signal even after going to an area with phone coverage.

G1 does not have the problem.

I'm almost positive its the n900, I just did a test in a weak Tmobile area with two phones. the n900 looses signal completely while the motorola cliq switches from 3G to edge with no problems. This may be the one issue that makes me return the n900, everything else works great<

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by alejovh1 View Post
I'm almost positive its the n900, I just did a test in a weak Tmobile area with two phones. the n900 looses signal completely while the motorola cliq switches from 3G to edge with no problems. This may be the one issue that makes me return the n900, everything else works great<
I am hoping it is a bug that can be fixed. We have not heard much about this yet, since not many people have the device. This will probably be a big issue that will need fixing.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
i had an issue like that once, took the sim card out, put it back in and made sure it was secure, and did not have that problem since, hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it tomorrow to see what happens.

what apn are you using? try using epc.tmobile.com

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I am running into this same problem with 2G and Edge. Also when I lose a signal, it takes up to two minutes to reacquire a signal even after going to an area with phone coverage.

G1 does not have the problem.
That's what my N95 would do when I would go from indoors to outdoors (No signal to signal) or when i'm outside an area and go inside. It would take 1-2 minutes to get signal again. It's easy, all you have to do is switch to offline and then back to normal mode and it'll reconnect almost instantly.