Active Topics

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I haven't read anyone else complaining about this, but I cannot be the only one...is it possible to get a notification for EACH new email received? If I get an email, I get an audio alert of that email. For each additional email, no alert is made, only details are added to the "new mail messages" banner on lock screen.
Anyone found a way to "fix" this?

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I haven't read anyone else complaining about this, but I cannot be the only one...is it possible to get a notification for EACH new email received? If I get an email, I get an audio alert of that email. For each additional email, no alert is made, only details are added to the "new mail messages" banner on lock screen.
Anyone found a way to "fix" this?
There is no workaround to do this. It is just impossible with a designed implementation. Well, in theory someone can write their own small daemon(.a.k.a. service) that will do all work and notify you with a sound about each new email, but I haven't seeing such daemon anywhere around and I do not have much time to do this, because I'm trying my self as a games developer on my spare time atm (but overall it sounds like a good idea for an application to me).

P.S. yes, I'm still somewhere around here

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2013-11-28 at 08:16.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@Sergey

Have you considered approaching Jolla for employment? I'm sure you'd be a invaluable addition to their team: http://jolla.com/jobs
In the last ~3yr you've proven that you're prepared to go "above & beyond" in supporting your user-base, far more so than former Nokia colleagues who worked in the same area.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
@Sergey

Have you considered approaching Jolla for employment? I'm sure you'd be a invaluable addition to their team: http://jolla.com/jobs
In the last ~3yr you've proven that you're prepared to go "above & beyond" in supporting your user-base, far more so than former Nokia colleagues who worked in the same area.
To become a part of Jolla I most probably would need to move on to Finland and I'm not ready to leave everything I have behind me (in Russia). So that means that "yeah, I was thinking about joining Jolla, but my decision is 'no' atm".

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Not all Sailfish(Jolla) employees live in Finland, I believe there's some in Australia, one in Sweden, & there's probably other examples.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950