Active Topics

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
okay then

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by hedayat View Post
The kernel now works fine on N9, but, as you said, there is not enough motivation in upstreaming it. IIRC, it seems that many bits depend on closed source user space, and so are probably unsuitable for upstreaming (probably will not be accepted upstream)?
Also, probably the first step to upstream more code is to replace most of N9 board file with device tree equivalant.
It means that kernel 3.5.3 can be installed and everything should work in Harmattan on n9(including AEGIS)?

The Following User Says Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
hmmm... the kernel supports N9 completely (IIRC), but I'm not sure if it supports Harmattan too. I've not tried it, and don't remember if it is supposed to work there. Is there anything you are hoping to get under Harmattan with the new kernel? It was manly needed to support new versions of SFOS and Nemo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by hedayat View Post
hmmm... the kernel supports N9 completely (IIRC), but I'm not sure if it supports Harmattan too. I've not tried it, and don't remember if it is supposed to work there. Is there anything you are hoping to get under Harmattan with the new kernel? It was manly needed to support new versions of SFOS and Nemo.
Dalvik/Androids needs new linux kernel. Reading dev posts I understand that the main stopper for android layer on Harmattan were old kernel. There was new kernel working with Nitdroid, but it didn't had patches backported, and w/o GSM module support phone would be a bit useless for me ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by badpixel View Post
Dalvik/Androids needs new linux kernel. Reading dev posts I understand that the main stopper for android layer on Harmattan were old kernel. There was new kernel working with Nitdroid, but it didn't had patches backported, and w/o GSM module support phone would be a bit useless for me ;-)
I am not quite sure what are you referring to?
The Nitdroid kernel supports same feature set as the "default" PR1.3 Harmattan kernel...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: