Active Topics

Here they are:

More about MeeGo at IDF here:
http://carrypad.com/2010/04/13/meego...loper-details/

Looks nice, imo!

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to franchg For This Useful Post:
Not bad, but not much of eyecandy yet; but hopefully should get better when it comes out for consumers.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Looks nice.
2 things I noticed
Potrait mode as standard
No hardware keyboard.

Hope they manage to sort Fennec out before release could bite them in the bum if it not even upto MicroB standard on release.

I prefer this color scheme/font to Maemo's.

It looks good visually and is finally comparable to other OS's on the market. What even better is all the feature and functionality that will be supported.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I like it but I hope Nokia doesn't leak too much UI info about their upcoming phones months before it's released. I would prefer to have my mind blown on launch day.

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I like it but I hope Nokia doesn't leak too much UI info about their upcoming phones months before it's released. I would prefer to have my mind blown on launch day.
Funny that you ask that Here's one pic that i didn't think too much about 7-8 months ago when they where leaked, but it looks exactly like the Qt4.6/harmattan demo we got to test with N900 some months ago.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-04-13 at 17:21.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Looks pretty nice to me. Can't wait!

I hope they have tonnes of people working on MeeGo, making it a really finalised product with nothing having to be (too) rushed or "left for community development".

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
I'm seing non-wvga resolution (more n97 like) and lots of senseless info. I'm working on a short 2m video bout my vision of MeeGo UI. Some tiny part of it for example:

I hope to release it before major MeeGo announcement just to compare my work with whole maemo/meego design unit results.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Funny that you ask that Here's one pic that i didn't think too much about 7-8 months ago when they where leaked, but it looks exactly like the Qt4.6/harmattan demo we got to test with N900 some months.
Looks slick, but exceedingly busy. I don't think that would fly unless it was the result of an end-user going config-crazy

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Don't forget this is MeeGo's default mobile UX, not necessarily Nokia's MeeGo UX. Each hardware manufacture can build their own UX just like Android. That's always Nokia's message about the N900 and MeeGo. Will MeeGo run on the N900 - yes. Will Nokia have an polished MeeGo UX for N900 - ?. At least we might have a nice looking base MeeGo UX based on the screen shots.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to theflew For This Useful Post: