Active Topics

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Meego roadmap from same Intel Developer Forum meeting as all screenshots in the thread.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
What about the task manager? Will that be the same sort of awesome dashboard? I haven't seen that shown here.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
the roadmap seems promising, I'm waiting for 1.0

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Do notice that it looks exactly like moblin.
Do notice that MeeGo is in fact a sort of Moblin renamed, with Qt added and the support of ARM (all the tools for compiling and using it are based on moblin tools, the structure is the same)
The more I follow the developper mailing list of MeeGo, the less I want to have it on my phone, when I see how the intel developers don't care about opinions of users, and the poor choices they made.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by dmj726 View Post
What about the task manager?
They'll propably just copy that from S60. Last week it officially became the most advanced way to do it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
They'll propably just copy that from S60. Last week it officially became the most advanced way to do it.

You mean Apple's "revolutionary" "NEW" multitasking which was suprisingly found on Symbian earlier and the way it handles is found on Androids -.- !!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jackie_jagger For This Useful Post:
From what I've read Meego is probably 80% Moblin and 20% Meego.

A gross over simplification but my guess is that it's pretty accurate

Only the telefony stack and some other components from Maemo made it into Meego.

And of course Harmattan is just the UX overlay for Meego.

I'm really excited about the Meego push as a whole.. Application developers will have devices ranging from handsets to tv's to in car dash components. This has never been done before on this type of scale.

Ironically Meego seems to be the anti-thesis to Iphone OS.

Last edited by sevla; 2010-04-13 at 18:00.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Originally Posted by sevla View Post
From what I've read Meego is probably 80% Moblin and 20% Meego.

A gross over simplification but my guess is that it's pretty accurate

Only the telefony stack and some other components from Maemo made it into Meego.

And of course Harmattan is just the UX overlay for Meego.
You mean not the dashboard, the status bar, the desktop etc...? Will they be replaced with something else? What a piece of sh*t...

this is great news. maybe this positive thread can finally kill the "Speculation about PR 1.2 and it's release date" thread.

Originally Posted by antoarts View Post
You mean not the dashboard, the status bar, the desktop etc...? Will they be replaced with something else? What a piece of sh*t...
I didn't test the Harmattan widgets that were released so I can't comment on them. When I refer to Meego I'm referring to the base code that will be used across all devices using the Meego platform. Obviously the dashboard, status bar, that you see on the N900 or the next Nokia Meego phone won't be what you'll see on say a Samsung Meego phone.