Active Topics

Ok the solution is
Boot the stock kernel first before you reinstall kernel flasher

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Did you leave maemo by reboot?

I find that if I reboot, mmc1 is not recognized, if I power off, and then power on with the power key, mmc1 is recognized.

mmc2 is even more problematic. It appears to work once after maemo, but If I boot from u-boot (by the command reset, or letting the watchdog boot), it won't recognize it again.
Your u-boot.0x38000 (from repository) has eMMC (mmc2) code ?
I have never seen internal memory during my use of u-boot so I ask if it is due to version I use

Originally Posted by e-yes View Post
>* rebuilt head nitdroid 2.6.28 06 kernel in scratchbox adding MMC and ext2/3/4 support
>* copied lib/modules, lib/firmware and /dev from maemo in the nitdroid partition
>* booted with args root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait

>I may see the little "ANDROID" banner down on the fb console, then the screen clears and the system hangs.
If you have adb installed, run 'adb logcat', it's useful for troubleshooting in Android.

>I suppose that some preinit logic has to be moved from maemo/multiboot to the nitdroid partition,
>but really lack knowledge and time! anyone helping?
Yes, multiboot loads kernel modules (list is in /lib/modules/2.6.28.NIT06/modules.boot file). Solution for problem: load modules from /init.nokia.rc script ('on boot' section).
see also: http://code.google.com/p/nitdroid-v2...s/detail?id=41

>Can this be taken to mean the NITDroid team is taking an interest in seeing what can be done with adding uboot support to NITDroid?
Yes. I've got an idea about combining u-boot and multiboot... instead of flashing, multiboot should write boot.scr for u-boot (and then reboots, as usual).
Are there news on u-boot with NitDroid ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
I haven't read -everything-, but before I install this:
Is there a way to create a boot option that launches a shell-script with the rootfs mounted? I'm looking for a way to make BackupMenu compatible with U-boot.
Also, can I use a shell-script to start the various OS's? I'd like to see about making a GRUB-style boot menu.
U-Boot can load and boot a kernel plus an initrd (ramdisk) file.

When a Kernel starts with an initrd usually executes /linuxrc file (script) which must be present on ramdisk

So theorically should be simple to convert BackupMenu V2, which already use a ramdisk internally, to use U-Boot

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fabry View Post
Your u-boot.0x38000 (from repository) has eMMC (mmc2) code ?
Yes. But as I said it does not setup something correctly, so it only works after maemo sets it up. If you reset the CPU from within u-boot (or let the watchdog do it for you), then u-boot comes up again, but does not recognise the internal mmc.

I did not check if after nitdroid or meego the internal mmc is recognised.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Yes. But as I said it does not setup something correctly, so it only works after maemo sets it up. If you reset the CPU from within u-boot (or let the watchdog do it for you), then u-boot comes up again, but does not recognise the internal mmc.

I did not check if after nitdroid or meego the internal mmc is recognised.
But following this procedure theorically mmc2 should be shown:
  • Power off / shutdown Maemo
  • Power On N900 with keyboard opened
  • Press a key to stop autoboot
  • Type mmc init

Instead I always obtain "No mmc card" or "mmc1 is available" (if SD is present).
Where I am wrong ?

u-boot works a bit differently. If you want to use the second card, it needs to be explicit:

mmc init 2

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
u-boot works a bit differently. If you want to use the second card, it needs to be explicit:

mmc init 2
So "mmc init" without number is equal to "mmc init 1" and not to "mmc init all" as I wrongly supposed
And even without SD card inserted eMMC is always mmc2 and it not become mmc1 (first and only mmc present)

Tags
power kernel, uboot