Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
I can't get MfE to work at all. Log just says "Connection closed". I get the same message from the browser when I try to access OWA, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the SSL-certificate? All other browsers accept the certificate though so it's valid and both MfE and OWA work with n900 just fine.
You would think that NOKIA would not trip on such essentials as MfE......

Can you have multiple exchange accounts

N950 (V 1.2011.34-2 PR_RM680)

Gmail worked badly to say the least until I had to manually set the incoming and outgoing server settings, encryption and ports. That should be corrected.

MfE works every now and then, I guess that has issues with some settings too...

Otherwise the client is real nice and fresh. Shame that the above faults are pretty critical from the normal users' point of view.

The Following User Says Thank You to luonto For This Useful Post:
I guess iPhone still kicks ***

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I dont get it. But wasn't this thread about n9 MfE client? now the thread is flooded by one troll(bigbad..) and some people with the loaned devdevice!

I dont have my N9 yet so dont know about the cient but threaded mail would be awesome feature...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-10-05 at 01:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I dont get it. But wasn't this thread about n9 MfE client? now the thread is flooded by one troll(bigbad..) and some people with the loaned devdevice!

I dont have my N9 yet so dont know about the cient but threaded mail would be awesome feature...
People are having trouble with N9

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
People are having trouble with N9
Yes YOU because you can not get one .

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Thanks for the extra effort.

(most probably you already know those from the meego thread, but I add them here for completeness)

1. No notifications for new mails in folders other than the inbox. E.g. in the case there are filters set in the server.
I cannot remember anymore how is it working in w34 SW, but if you mark a folder as favorite you should get notifications of new messages for IMAP accounts, for MfE that feature was implemented later.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
2. Issue with the contacts that have more than one number in one field type. e.g. if one contact has 2 numbers set as mobile will not get the second number synchronised back to the server.

PS: checked with N950 beta2
This is MfE protocol restriction. The Contacts structure defined in the protocol specification has only one mobile phone field. The same with address and other
fields. Protocol supports up to 3 email addresses fields, so if you will define
the fourth email, it will be lost too.

Reference:

[MS-ASCNTC] - v1.0
ActiveSync Contact Class Protocol Specification
Copyright © 2008 Microsoft Corporation.
Release: Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I am using N950 with beta2, and have multiple IMAP accounts configured. I am using IMAP folders extensively, and have noticed problems with synchronisation. I.e., when moving mails from e.g., the inbox to some folder using thunderbird / outlook on my laptop, the e-mail client on the N950 does not notice this, and I need to move the e-mails manually. Also, mails still are present on the server even though deleted on the N950.

Is this problem only present on the beta2 firmware, and not on later firmware versions?
Are you using always-up-to-date mode(IMAP IDLE), sync internal(e.g 20 mins) or manual sync ?

The messages will be moved/deleted in the next sync, if in always-up-to-date mode they will be moved right away but will only appear as new if the new folder is favorite, if not they will appear next time you visit the folder or do a full sync.

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
I can't get MfE to work at all. Log just says "Connection closed". I get the same message from the browser when I try to access OWA, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the SSL-certificate? All other browsers accept the certificate though so it's valid and both MfE and OWA work with n900 just fine.
Where are you getting this message ? During setup or inside email app ?

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I have an n950 with the beta2 firmware.

1. It is possible to remove a favorite folder, but no way to add another folder to the existing favorites.
Humm ? Click in the folders icon and check the star next to the folder name, this interface is not very intuitive IMO, but was already improved in later releases.

2. For gmail imap, opening an email does not set it as read. This may be a gmail specific problem
Looks like some weird bug, it should work without any issues in sales image.

3. There is no way I could figure out how to select and copy to clipboard any text from an email
Copy&paste is only available in the composer in 1.0, stay tuned of improvements

Kudos for:
1. MfE supports Zimbra and Exchange in addition to supporting device provisioning. Thank you thank you thank you! You have no idea how frustrating it was that I could not use the n900 for my office email.
2. Favorite folders and combined email list: F***ing amazing. Thank you!!
3. Swipe for next and previous email, zoom in and out on email: Cool, me likey!
Thanks for the feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950