Active Topics

Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
What happened to Instinctiv? Have not followed these guys recently.
If it is about dropping support, well no. I have been doing Quasar Media Player since the good old Zaurus days (2005) and have ported it to every device I have owned since then. This is about scratching my itch and "dogfooding" it every day. QuasarMX is just a new incarnation with a more refined user interface.
They were "told" to cease development, supposedly by Nokia, via email. No reason was given AFAIK and they went ahead and stopped work on the Maemo5 version.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
Gapless playback will be there eventually. Similar to the Equalizer feature it might not be in version 1.0 as I do not want to rush it. Good things take time, sorry.
Very nice work, EvilJazz! If a beta comes out for the N900. I'll be happy to test it. Looks for the UI are not in my taste but other than that, this player is amazing.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro1099 For This Useful Post:
Will it support file directory?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
hey,nice UI waiting to use it in my N900.BY the way when its comming to n900 aka maemo?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
evilJazz, thanks for your attention in this thread and your outstanding work. Is there any chance you are planning to add an option to edit IDv1/ IDv2 and Vorbis tags? That would quite helpful.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Is there any chance you are planning to add an option to edit IDv1/ IDv2 and Vorbis tags? That would quite helpful.
Yes, a proper tag editor is actually the last feature that is left in order to ditch iTunes on my main system.
It is on the long-term feature list, but I can not make any promises yet. QuasarMX has to get feature parity with Quasar Media Player first, eg. the missing play list manager and a desktop UI.

Now back to squashing the last bugs in Beta 2.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
hey,nice UI waiting to use it in my N900.BY the way when its comming to n900 aka maemo?
sorry,for repost but noone replied to my 1st post so i am peposting it....

and ya i tried installing the n9 version of quasar mx and to my surprize it got installed but no desktop icon was created and i m not able to open it... so plz eviljazz compile it for maemo fast...

THANX in advance

sorry guys i posted the similar question on QUASARMX OFFICIAL site and i have been told that the maemo version needs some UI polish and may be released this month(hopefully nt confirmed).....

Last edited by nisheet; 2012-01-10 at 12:06.

nisheet, all good things come to those who wait, my young padawan. Let eviljazz work. There's no rush, is there?

One more idea. I just reviewed what's up with your cover search engine, eviljazz, and I believe that you may want to consider using another sources, something more international and way more complete so it can find covers for anything, not just mainstream stuff. buy.com or walmart won't suffice so very often. let's be serious about covers.

How about discogs.com? Quite an excellent database with covers with very well documented database API:
http://www.discogs.com/developers/
http://www.discogs.com/developers/re...e/release.html

Got already three albums (out of 8 I copied to the phone) which covers the player cannot find. Obviously I will attach my own cover.jpg in the future, yet a properly complex cover database would surely be a nice feature making the player even better.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-11 at 05:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
This is insanely great!

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx