Active Topics

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Weird. Grab the zImage inside the "boot" folder in the tar.xz and try to flash it using
Code:
flasher -f -k zImage
In the meantime, can anyone else try running the flashing script?

EDIT: Just got tipped by MFaroTusino to try disabling your lock code, if any.

See the first post for real installation instructions.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-09-02 at 07:59.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
Can you include/enable swap free notify? This would help lower swap+ram usage and be a huge performance boost.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
@Hurrian

Re kernel patch, it does different stuff.
Mostly it replaces return calls with 'return 0;' to return an OK answer to calling functions.
In a few places lines are added, or deleted, to further immobilize Aegis.
I think, if you read the patch file '+ and -' the changes will be easy to recognize (compare the two file versions at + and - and you will see what is being changed at those lines in the files)

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
@nieldk, the patch I got used the traditional format. Do you have a link to the patch you used?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
@nieldk, the patch I got used the traditional format. Do you have a link to the patch you used?
Ubuntu 10.04 was the distribution.
The patching I did all manually (based on the original 1.1 patch, and added a few of my own), my patch is also for 1.2 mind you, I am not sure how it applies to 1.3.
Probably better to manually compare the 5 files and do it manually.

Wouldnt mind doing this for you, takes 10 minutes, but I will be out all next week for a job in nice Italy

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Well, crap. It seems that on-device flashes simply don't work. I've updated the first post with flashing information.

For those already with open mode kernels, flashing this one is exactly the same (although, you do need to copy in the new modules)

Looks interesting, I would actually enter open-mode and flash this if we can get AP mode working

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ ^^ IRAN ^^ - Tehran :D
why there is not modules ?
i flashed it , but phone not booted
and i again flashed the openmode kernel pr 1.3 from the nitdroid forum and phone booted
Code:
RM696-21-3_PR_001:~# ls -l /lib/modules/current/
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            27 Sep  2 14:32 build -> /home/hurrian/kernel-2.6.32
drwxrwxr-x    7 1000     1000          4096 Sep  2 14:31 kernel
-rw-rw-r--    1 1000     1000          3808 Sep  2 09:50 modules.order
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            27 Sep  2 14:32 source -> /home/hurrian/kernel-2.6.32
RM696-21-3_PR_001:~#

You're supposed to copy the modules from lib/modules inside the tar.bz2 into /lib/modules/2.6.32.59-plus, then recreate the symlink to /lib/modules/current.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ ^^ IRAN ^^ - Tehran :D
what ? i copy all .ko file from the tar.bz2 into /lib/modules/2.6.32.59-plus ?

this ?
Code:
RM696-21-3_PR_001:~# ls -a /lib/modules/2.6.32.59-plus/
.                        cmt.ko                   hsi_char.ko              mtd_subpagetest.ko       ppp_mppe.ko              sunrpc.ko
..                       cmt_speech.ko            ip6_tables.ko            mtd_torturetest.ko       pppol2tp.ko              twl4030-pwrbutton.ko
JoikuSpot_Bouncer.ko     cryptodev.ko             ip6table_filter.ko       mtdconcat.ko             pppox.ko                 twl4030_keypad.ko
ad5807.ko                cryptoloop.ko            ipv6.ko                  mtdswap.ko               pvrsrvkm.ko              twl5031-aci.ko
ad58xx.ko                dm-crypt.ko              leds-lp5521.ko           n_fbus.ko                radio-wl1273.ko          vibra_spi.ko
ads7846.ko               dm-mod.ko                leds-lp5523.ko           nfnetlink.ko             ramzswap.ko              wl12xx.ko
ak8974.ko                g_ether.ko               lis3lv02d.ko             omap-aes.ko              rng-core.ko              wl12xx_sdio.ko
ak8975.ko                g_file_storage.ko        lis3lv02d_i2c.ko         omap3-isp.ko             rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko       wl12xx_spi.ko
apds990x.ko              g_ncm.ko                 mmc_test.ko              omap34xx_temp.ko         scsi_mod.ko              xfrm6_mode_beet.ko
as3645a.ko               g_nokia.ko               modules.order            omap_ssi.ko              scsi_wait_scan.ko        xfrm6_mode_transport.ko
auth_rpcgss.ko           g_softupd.ko             mtd_oobtest.ko           omaplfb.ko               sd_mod.ko                xfrm6_mode_tunnel.ko
bcm4751-gps.ko           g_zero.ko                mtd_pagetest.ko          pn544.ko                 slhc.ko                  xt_NFLOG.ko
bhsfh.ko                 hci_h4p.ko               mtd_readtest.ko          ppp_async.ko             smiapp-power.ko          xt_condition.ko
bnep.ko                  hid-twl4030-vibra.ko     mtd_speedtest.ko         ppp_deflate.ko           smiapp.ko                xt_rateest.ko
bridgedriver.ko          hidp.ko                  mtd_stresstest.ko        ppp_generic.ko           ssi_protocol.ko
RM696-21-3_PR_001:~#
but i try this , and phone not booted

Tags
kernel-plus