Active Topics

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
While you were typing I made a Jet Black preorder. Page said April-May 2013 shipped out, which is fine by me. I guess your release will be mature by then judging by the speed so far.
Once it gets here, count me in for any testing, developing or marketing needed.

I did a preorder of a Jet Black on 09/05/12, and I am still - and patiently - waiting.
I don't think we will receive the watch earlier than the end of June (and that's a pitty, because would be a great birthday gift for myself), I did a fuzzy watch app for pt-BR already, and can't wait to test/use it on my wrist.

@Elleo:
You can count on me in anything (testing, developing, contributing, translating, etc) - I am very interested in this app. I am not expert in python, but if you release the code, that would be a good excuse for me to start learning python for real.

Also, have you consider to create a PayPal account so people can contribute to your work? Maybe you can get more help ($$) than Ovi Store (I do think, however, you should publish there and charge a small fee).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cael_gomes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Found a bit more time to do some more hacking on it and started adding basic support for upgrading the watch's firmware:

Still needs some work though.

Originally Posted by cael_gomes View Post
@Elleo:
You can count on me in anything (testing, developing, contributing, translating, etc) - I am very interested in this app. I am not expert in python, but if you release the code, that would be a good excuse for me to start learning python for real.
Great

Originally Posted by cael_gomes View Post
Also, have you consider to create a PayPal account so people can contribute to your work? Maybe you can get more help ($$) than Ovi Store (I do think, however, you should publish there and charge a small fee).
There is a donate button on my website (http://mikeasoft.com) but it doesn't get a whole lot of use .

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Expect a donation from me on 25th. Also, it will repeat once I strap my Pebble on my left wrist for the first time.
It will repeat again, when it has 100% functionality, with or without bugs.
I appriciate support for N9 and great software that users can utilise every single day.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Seems that Pebble is almost done with Kickstarter edition. By this week they should all be out in all colors.
It means preorders have started to ship out too. My number is 115000ish. With the pace of 10000 per week, I'll get mine in 3 months.
Anyways, anything new?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Seems that Pebble is almost done with Kickstarter edition. By this week they should all be out in all colors.
It means preorders have started to ship out too. My number is 115000ish. With the pace of 10000 per week, I'll get mine in 3 months.
Anyways, anything new?
I've been a bit busy lately, so there hasn't been much change. I did have a bit of a play around with the MNotificationManager dbus service, but most notifications don't appear to actually be available through it, so I'll probably end up having to make a python wrapper for the C++ stuff (unless anyone knows a simpler way of getting access to notifications in python).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Is this going to be open source? If so, can you drop it on GitHub, so that others can contribute and get the ball rolling faster?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Anyways, anything new?
OT - Did you get your pebble yet?

Hope Rockwatch works any time this year, I have pre ordered my pebble =)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
No, I didn't get it yet.
I got an email saying it will happen during summer months. So end of August I guess...

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Received my Pebble today and currently have it paired with my Nook Color, but I'm really hoping for this rockwatch code to make it's way to github/gitorious/"the public" to really start playing with it

The Following User Says Thank You to grazer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
OT - Just got mine! It's amazing! Later tonight I'll compile a pt-BR fuzzy time watchface I made. Also, I got a Kickstarter Edition, however I got it thru getpebble.com. Strange, but yay!

I am waiting for the source code release/alpha version so I can start playing with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cael_gomes For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, smart watch