Has anyone sent in their n900 in for repair? if they determine that they don't want to repair it under warranty because your at fault, do they charge you to repair it, or do they just send it back?

Originally Posted by filesx10 View Post
Has anyone sent in their n900 in for repair? if they determine that they don't want to repair it under warranty because your at fault, do they charge you to repair it, or do they just send it back?
they will call you or send a letter for authorisation and go from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to biren11 For This Useful Post:
I have sent my because straight out of the box the wifi was not working!!!!
and after a few days I have received what looks like a returned N900 that was opened and with a few scratches!!!!
After I paid full price now I have a used N900!!!!!
Thanks NOKIA!!!!!

did u send the used one back?

no. i should ? I am afraid that I am going to get still an used one!!!

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
Too right you should send it back, you bought a new phone so you want a new phone and I'd be telling them that, and say if you do have to send me a used one you could have at least sent one that looks new without the scratches

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I just found a web site that offers mail-in repair for what seem to me to be good prices. It is called Dr. Cell Phone. If I read correctly, the prices quoted include return shipping. The shop is located in Texas, so it would be convenient for anyone in the US.

The link above lists typical prices for N900 repairs. The price for the infamous USB repair seemed to be $50, if I read correctly. (I don't need that repair, if anyone wonders.)