Like i said on my previous post, this is normal on linux.

Linux uses any free RAM that it has for caching purposes. It will be reallocated when there's a process needing for it. Can't be compared to iOS, Symbian etc.
If your phone is lagging, that's a different thing, but don't worry about the RAM because of those numbers. It was the same on N900 as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Same problem here , the phone runs out of memory too fast and reboots . Some people from nokia forum said it's hardware problem and a factory fault and many of them got a replacement . So I sent it to nokia care and now I'm waiting for it to be fixed or replaced .

I'm so dissapointed , nokia made only one meego device and that device comes with bugs from factory , shame !

Originally Posted by tissot View Post

Linux uses any free RAM that it has for caching purposes. It will be reallocated when there's a process needing for it. Can't be compared to iOS, Symbian etc.
If your phone is lagging, that's a different thing, but don't worry about the RAM because of those numbers. It was the same on N900 as well.

iOS uses all available RAM too.

Last edited by ENNINE; 2012-01-05 at 20:32.

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Same problem here , the phone runs out of memory too fast and reboots . Some people from nokia forum said it's hardware problem and a factory fault and many of them got a replacement . So I sent it to nokia care and now I'm waiting for it to be fixed or replaced .

I'm so dissapointed , nokia made only one meego device and that device comes with bugs from factory , shame !
Yeah, my N9 had few automatic reboots and few times it just stopped working.

Do you have links to that topics from Nokia forum?

Originally Posted by tissot View Post

OK. But why then phone becomes laggy?

How are your experiences? Do your N9 works without slowdowns all the time?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by iskugor View Post
OK. But why then phone becomes laggy?

How are your experiences? Do your N9 works without slowdowns all the time?
Didn't you say you were still on 1.0?
Lag etc. is improved considerably with 1.1.
A few users already told you that earlier in the thread.

Well it's no iPhone. Everything still seems to take its sweet time pretty much all the time.

Originally Posted by iskugor View Post
Yeah, my N9 had few automatic reboots and few times it just stopped working.

Do you have links to that topics from Nokia forum?
This is the link : http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ighlight/false

I think everyone who has this problem and sends the phone to NC should mention this link (topic) too . Maybe nokia will admit they made a device with a faulty hardware and replace all phones with this problem .

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Didn't you say you were still on 1.0?
Lag etc. is improved considerably with 1.1.
A few users already told you that earlier in the thread.
Well, there is lag and there is "lag"

In general, my phone is rarely laggy. But in "low" memory condition phone lag is much more visible. I'm not so sure everybody experiences latter case, that's why I'm asking.

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
This is the link : http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ighlight/false

I think everyone who has this problem and sends the phone to NC should mention this link (topic) too . Maybe nokia will admit they made a device with a faulty hardware and replace all phones with this problem .
Thanks. I'll wait for PR 1.1, if it doesn't fix this problem, I'll send my beauty to NC.