Notices

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Very minor release 0.1.13, fixed the translation issue. This is considered as a stable release and will go on Store, Openrepos and OBS.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Tananger
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
Very minor release 0.1.13, fixed the translation issue. This is considered as a stable release and will go on Store, Openrepos and OBS.
Great work Sfiet_Konstantin - tx for your effort!

Hello,

I had previously installed the app from openrepos using the rpm file. Since it's now in the store, I thought I would install it from there to get the updates automatically. So I uninstalled it (don't remember how, warehouse, long press on icon ?) and installed it from the jolla store.
It shows as version 0.1.13. However Jolla store keep saying there's an update, and it fails if I try to update saying more or less "there is an issue with the store"
I probably messed up something bewteen jolla store/warehouse/manual rpm install. Any idea how I can do a "clean" reinstall ?
Thanks in advance

EDIT : Actually I just realised that the version in my jolla store is 0.1.9-1.26.1 and not the one in the description of this thread 0.1.13

Last edited by Dam; 2014-01-13 at 21:22.

Originally Posted by Dam View Post
Hello,

I had previously installed the app from openrepos using the rpm file. Since it's now in the store, I thought I would install it from there to get the updates automatically. So I uninstalled it (don't remember how, warehouse, long press on icon ?) and installed it from the jolla store.
It shows as version 0.1.13. However Jolla store keep saying there's an update, and it fails if I try to update saying more or less "there is an issue with the store"
I probably messed up something bewteen jolla store/warehouse/manual rpm install. Any idea how I can do a "clean" reinstall ?
Thanks in advance
Yep, same thing here

Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Yep, same thing here
It is being approved by the store right now.

-------

I just found today that Facebook API do not provide a nice way to send chat messages ... This is very sad, because this means that there will be no support for chat.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin View Post
It is being approved by the store right now.

-------

I just found today that Facebook API do not provide a nice way to send chat messages ... This is very sad, because this means that there will be no support for chat.
It is XMPP, isn't it? That is the API...

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It is XMPP, isn't it? That is the API...
No it isn't. XMPP API is limited as it prevent you to access to features like group chat and attachment posting. I wanted to use official messages API, but it is limited since you cannot post nicely with it. (You can probably with a webview, but I don't like this)

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
When I scroll down the feed and the app loads more status updates, there seems to be a gap in time. I tried version 0.1.9 first and the gap was about 4 days, now I installed 0.1.13 and the gap is 6 hours. So first there are about 25 status updates and the oldest is 5 hours old, but when the app loads more, the next one is 11 hours old.

I was also wondering about some other missing updates, but I think they can be explained. Some have apparently disabled the app platfrom so I don't even see them in the phone's contacts. And one update was my friend commenting a song "via Spotify", which is a message that can be seen in FB's news feed, but not on the person's own wall. So maybe the API doesn't get those kind of messages.

Originally Posted by hana View Post
When I scroll down the feed and the app loads more status updates, there seems to be a gap in time. I tried version 0.1.9 first and the gap was about 4 days, now I installed 0.1.13 and the gap is 6 hours. So first there are about 25 status updates and the oldest is 5 hours old, but when the app loads more, the next one is 11 hours old.

I was also wondering about some other missing updates, but I think they can be explained. Some have apparently disabled the app platfrom so I don't even see them in the phone's contacts. And one update was my friend commenting a song "via Spotify", which is a message that can be seen in FB's news feed, but not on the person's own wall. So maybe the API doesn't get those kind of messages.
In short, I can only use Facebook public API, and this API is not, feature wise, in parity with official Facebook website. So yeah, basically you cannot get anything, sadly.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by Dam View Post
Hello,

Thanks in advance

EDIT : Actually I just realised that the version in my jolla store is 0.1.9-1.26.1 and not the one in the description of this thread 0.1.13
Same thing here too... it is frustrating to have latest version 0.1.13-1.32.1 from openrepos, and jstore to insist to update to 0.1.9-1.26.1 while it cannot...
So are the above the the latest versions in openrepos, and in jstore?
Any fix to delete this false update notification in jstore?

Last edited by gsalone; 2014-01-14 at 22:31.