Active Topics

newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
From Nokia`s Press Release:

Discovery Communications and Nokia today announced a global collaboration that will deliver to consumers Discovery`s high quality, knowledge-based content pre-loaded onto Nokia`s newest and most sophisticated mobile devices and wireless personal devices.

Discovery Communications and Nokia today announced a global collaboration
that will deliver to consumers Discovery`s high quality, knowledge-based
content pre-loaded onto Nokia`s newest and most sophisticated mobile
devices and wireless personal devices.

In the first phase the co-operation will give consumers access to a
Discovery-produced "Best of Discovery" montage clip on the ...
Read the full article.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Interesting.

Probably instead of the Ice Age 2 trailer on the next firmware (assuming that's IT 2006 OS)?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A montage clip doesn't interest me all that much... streamed content does however. That release smacks of business bullsh*t buzzwords however: "high quality knowledge-based content". Um? Not only that but it's pre-loaded!

S'cuse me for being a cynical consumer, but... yeah.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
So when can I download it?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Hedgecore: the content might be a better showcase for the screen, but the more interesting things to me are:
  1. The 770 being included in such a relatively high profile deal.
  2. The inevitable encroachment of a new OS
  3. Nokia's deal makers are aware of the 770

Cheers,

Andrew

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Andrew: True, true. I've been frequenting this site far too much to be conscious of the 770's relatively unknown nature in the mainstream. Despite the launch debacle, the fact it's being included in business like this means they're not using the 'fire and forget' method.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Eugene, Oregon
Originally Posted by aflegg
the content might be a better showcase for the screen, but the more interesting things to me are:
  1. The 770 being included in such a relatively high profile deal.
  2. The inevitable encroachment of a new OS
  3. Nokia's deal makers are aware of the 770
I googled 'discovery nokia' and learned that the two companies began their collaboration over a year ago - a collaboration designed by 'Discovery Asia and mobile communications provider Nokia ... to reinvent the concept of filmmaking by providing mobile phone users everywhere with access to knowledge and technology of a new genre – mobile filmmaking.'

The 770 makes the new offerings resulting from this maturing collaboration a lot more sophisticated and appealing, one would have to presume.