Do we know if Video Call option is only available for Gtalk or it is also available for Skype as well?

Probably just GTalk, Skype would mean the company Skype has to integrate it. Which isn't likely.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Probably just GTalk, Skype would mean the company Skype has to integrate it. Which isn't likely.
Is it? Judging by the recent efforts that Skype has put into the Nokia ecosystem (Symbian Skype client) I'd say it's not that unlikly.

The new user manual now has a Video Call section. It refers the device is now able to perform Internet Video Calls and that Video Call function is only working on landscape mode. It doesn't specify if it is a Gtalk of Skype function. So I guess both will support it.

Also from the manual they are stating during Video Call the led light will turn on in RED color. Meaning that the front camera is active! Nice

Also during Video Call we can use the back camera to share video! Nice again

Now come on Nokia just release PR 1.2 already!!!

Last edited by nMIK-3; 2010-03-23 at 02:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nMIK-3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
No Ovi maps 3.0 on pr 1.2

@chansearrington Hope PR 1.2 has Updated navigation. That would make it awesome.... although i am very pessimistic

chansearrington

@rajuvamsi007 Let me go ahead and answer that one with a "no"

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Now that we have seen some snapshots of changes in PR1.2.

Lets start a thread waiting for the next PR (1.3 or 2.0)

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Whether the update will bring many new features or not it is definetly relieving to see that Nokia has been doing some work on the device.Hopefully this will reduce all the gloom and doom predictions and rumors.

Last edited by cryox92; 2010-03-23 at 02:29.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post
The new user manual now has a Video Call section. It refers the device is now able to perform Internet Video Calls and that Video Call function is only working on landscape mode. It doesn't specify if it is a Gtalk of Skype function. So I guess both will support it.

Also from the manual they are stating during Video Call the led light will turn on in RED color. Meaning that the front camera is active! Nice

Also during Video Call we can use the back camera to share video! Nice again

Now come on Nokia just release PR 1.2 already!!!
where did you get the manual? is it possible for you to download it here. so i can check it also. thanks

Last edited by chase15; 2010-03-23 at 02:34.

Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
where did you get the manual? is it possible for you to download it here. so i can check it also. thanks
http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...rt/n900/guides

Is version 3, issued March 2010.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nMIK-3 For This Useful Post:
At the very least, thank you for the added excitement during my studies tonight.

Tags
delete orangedouche again, delete post #205, delete post #225, maemo 5 sdk, pr 1.2, pr1.2