Active Topics

Some Android apps drains battery after you close them.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
My Jolla battery drains 20-30% each day (depending how many times I read emails, SMS, etc), with WiFi on everytime, 3G SIM card (but not using 3G Internet), Bluetooth off, GPS off, Android runtime off.
"System Monitor" shows that after 3 days the battery still have 29% of its charge. With Email, Messages, Clock and System Monitor open all the time (shown in covers). My Jolla is being used since 10/2014.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2015-01-15 at 16:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
You are not alone; I generally get about the same drain rate as you
What the heck are you running to get that?

Mine came off charge at about 8am, it's now 18:44 and I've 90% left. It's running contacts, settings, messages, email, tweetian, media player and phone. Uptime is 17 days, 22 hours.

...and 3g data has disabled itself...again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hi

I tried to search hear and TJC, but could not find answer to what specific google contact fields are synchronized. Does anyone know?

I have information in google on several info fields and most certainly not that many are. Notes for example is not synced, but email and addresses are. Have anyone found workarounds?

Also, there doesn't seem to be any support for groups still even after the latest update. Btw. does anyone know how to exclude specific groups from gmail to be synced?

Last edited by Boxeri; 2015-01-15 at 19:15.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
What the heck are you running to get that?

Mine came off charge at about 8am, it's now 18:44 and I've 90% left. It's running contacts, settings, messages, email, tweetian, media player and phone. Uptime is 17 days, 22 hours.

...and 3g data has disabled itself...again.
Mine was running no foreground apps at all. Android not installed. No calls or SMS. WiFi, 3G and GPS are on. SysMon running in the background. Came off the charger about 1800. At 1930, the charge was down to 95%. That dropped to 94% while I was typing this post.

This is the situation pretty much every day. I usually spend about two hours browsing in the evening and that gets me to about 50%. Sometimes less, very rarely more.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Mine was running no foreground apps at all. Android not installed. No calls or SMS. WiFi, 3G and GPS are on. SysMon running in the background. Came off the charger about 1800. At 1930, the charge was down to 95%. That dropped to 94% while I was typing this post.
Maybe you should try to turn GPS off. In most phones GPS drain battery a lot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
Maybe you should try to turn GPS off. In most phones GPS drain battery a lot.
The GPS hardware in a Jolla is only switched on when needed by the app. You see an extra status icon on the home screen when it is on. IME it makes almost no difference to the battery life in Sailfish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
This is experience of Jolla user who published his opinion on Jolla's fb profile:
This doesnt help your bad customer service. People should know that once something happens with your Jolla phone its expensive as hell. Its no revolution in service even you are from Finland. You make my love for Jolla very hard. My Jolla phone have a broken glas, but you want me to pay 450,- Euro to send and fix it which is done by an external company? AND YOU do not allow for me to use royal mail to send it. You demand me to use a expensive private sending company! And when you tell me to send this to your customer service. You just close the ticket! Ive never ever experienced such service! I have way better service from BlackBerry even they are not sold in Norway! Or LG which have brilliant service. None of them requires me to send them the device back with expensive DHL company. You do that and you make me write this. If you want to be serious and innovative. To make your customers so mad at you.. is that what you want? 2014 was a year you can forget. 2015 you could make up for those which have got a bad customer service. You should give something back! Please!
I think It's a good point of view.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
This is what my battery usage looks like:

Always running: Notes, Messages, Browser, Clock, SysMon daemon and Call Record daemon. Always on: Wi-Fi.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Hmm. Here is mine for the same period.

Name:  20150116213536.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  38.7 KB

Are you not using it at all?

There is a noticeable steep slope when I use it (generally only for browsing), but even the steady periods when idle are still steeper than yours.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience