Since there are no physical buttons on the N9, why not make the landscape mode appear with clockwise instead of counter-clockwise rotation? This would allow right handers to conveniently use the phone in portrait mode while lying on left side in bed, for example.

Right now this works for left handers of course, but the swipe directions are wierd, swipe down becomes swipe from the left even though no apps rotate.

Also, anyone else having the phone go to landscape way too easily when looking down at it? Especially when walking and holding the phone in one hand it constantly wants to go into landscape mode which is really annoying. Seems to be a combination of a too small tilt threshold and accelerations induced by walking, I wonder if it would be possible to tweak the thresholds at least.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
I agree, it is sometimes too sensitive and annoying it doesn't rotate in all directions.

Firefox does! but the native browser and photo viewer etc are a bit limited!

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
I agree, it is sometimes too sensitive and annoying it doesn't rotate in all directions.

Firefox does! but the native browser and photo viewer etc are a bit limited!
Sorry I meant with clockwise rotation ONLY, thus making it easier to control in what mode the phone is in.