Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
I'm Dutch, and I am missing a few applications that I would really would enjoy having on the N9.
So if anyone would be willing, it would be much appreciated.
I would happily participate in a donation program.

I titled the thread generally so any Dutch app requests can be placed here.

My requests:
- Nu.nl, not the ones that are in store now, because those are already seperated by subject. But I want the general Nu.nl newsreader where I can pick what to see.

- Trein or NS openbaar vervoer, application showing train schedules and delay times.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Both NS and nu.nl have functional mobile websites. I'd rather see apps for buienradar.nl, which won't even let you switch to the desktop version... Also, apps are of advantage when features like barcode scanning and client-side storage is of use. tweakers.net's pricewatch and an AH-app come to mind.

I added nu.nl to the RSS feeds, great way to stay directly updated and good use of the notification homescreen.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Apps or direct links to mobile websites... I have a fair number of them;
NOS
Nu.nl Algemeen !
GS (GeenStijl)
NRC
NRC Next
News G (Google)

PS these are all in Dutch, even Google news and Nu.nl Algemeen, (no pre selection!).

I love my N9

Last edited by eerde; 2012-02-04 at 19:24.

Interesting; I'd no idea there were so many Dutch N9 users

Originally Posted by eerde View Post
NOS
Nu.nl Algemeen !
GS (GeenStijl)
NRC
NRC Next
News G (Google)
Just noticed these two--on my N9, both websites, in both mobile and non-mobile versions, won't load; the browser shows a dialog saying the page could not be opened. Curious.

Does anyone know if the NS has a similar app interface as other countries' railway operators, such as DB (Deutsche Bahn) and SBB (Schweizer BundesBahnen)? Because if so, NS could get integrated with Fahrplan.

Just checked, could you guys have a look if the Fahrplan app will give you info on Dutch trains? Works fine from the DB.de website...

Originally Posted by aRTee View Post
Just checked, could you guys have a look if the Fahrplan app will give you info on Dutch trains? Works fine from the DB.de website...
It works well from the fahrplan app, too--a little too well. It optimistically shows departure times for trains that, according to the Dutch railways' own website, have been cancelled due to the current weather conditions.

... heard that from my mom - trains not going, no info passed around, suddenly a tannoy message: there's a train going to Den Haag from track x, big rush there ... just to see the train leave the station...

Ah well, at least Fahrplan works as far as regular connections go...

BTW check the right bottom button on connection details to push that connection to your calendar, very nifty.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Originally Posted by ~michiel View Post
Just noticed these two--on my N9, both websites, in both mobile and non-mobile versions, won't load; the browser shows a dialog saying the page could not be opened. Curious.
Install the apps from the Nokia/Ovi store or www.my-meego.com, don't do it through your browser.