Notices

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@Siggen
Yep thanks - me being lazy to think that spotify would work under wine on the n900... doh!
and yes good point on the mac emulator i linked to.

to be honest, this topic has been around for a while and I'm sure all of these avenues have been explored - thus if you could emulate the mac or pc editions somebody already would have.

so... despotify with the paid is the only way to go. humphf.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Last edited by cashclientel; 2010-04-30 at 09:49.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
@Siggen
Yep thanks - me being lazy to think that spotify would work under wine on the n900... doh!
and yes could point on the emulator i linked to.

to be honest, this topic has been around for a while and I'm sure all of these avenues have been explored - thus if you could emulate the mac or pc editions somebody already would have.

so... despotify with the paid is the only way to go. humphf.
if you find a petition or something to get an official port of spotify to the N900, I will sign it just for the sake of the N900.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
You need a premium account to get spotify working on your n900. Though it seems that a lot of people are having some strange issues with current Yaspot ot Qtify applications. Some get an error message saying that you would be required to update your program. Mine is working well with yaspot though.

ok thanks.

I'll try this later

I upgrade my account and install despotify and qtify.

Searching and playing sound work but i have no sound.

And in the console i have a message : ao_play() failed

Any idea ?

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Arkan View Post
I upgrade my account and install despotify and qtify.

Searching and playing sound work but i have no sound.

And in the console i have a message : ao_play() failed

Any idea ?
A little Google suggests that that is libao, a cross-platform audio framework, complaining about not being able to play the sound.

This might be one of many problems: too new libao, a libao that doesn't handle a newer PulseAudio correctly or the qtify client not doing what it should to set things up.

(For the curious, I found this code: http://svn.xiph.org/tags/ao/libao-0.8.6/src/audio_out.c )

libao0 is maintained by mickewiki at gmail.com. Perhaps he can supply you with some help?

Last edited by Joorin; 2010-04-30 at 11:54. Reason: Added email

How should despotify be installed? Any easier way than getting it from the version control and compiling it myself?-) I could then get the premium version again, at least every now and then. I loved it on Symbian!

I did this :

apt-get install libao02

And rocks'n roll

just fire up xterm, root, and type apt-get install despotify
it installs all dependencies it needs. yaspot works better than qtify if you ask me, though neither works for me now. client upgrade...

Thanks FauX.

I installed yaspot and indeed it is better than qtify.

The sound is better.

Tags
despotify, premium account, spotify