Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Sweden
Hello folks!

Have searched the forum with no luck about this, ok one post with scripts for this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49296

But it would be real simple for the folks with experience with building apps. To make it work with the GPS, Wlan, and a map from either OSM or Google Maps or even to choose from them both

And to export it to KML or SUM files or both

Cheers
Pontus

Last edited by PontusOhman; 2010-10-20 at 18:51.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Have you tried Kismet? Maybe that's what you want.

Originally Posted by danley View Post
Have you tried Kismet? Maybe that's what you want.
Nope, but with a better GUI that app will be good

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
why do we need a wardrive app?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why not?! Android and iPhone users got one
And for us that love doing it with a computer, why not with our N900

Originally Posted by PontusOhman View Post
Nope, but with a better GUI that app will be good
What kind of scriptkid are you?

I hate requests like yours. Use the professional and good software that is available (and YES, you _have_ to learn what you're doing, working with vulnerabilities needs you to get informed and not to just click around like some 14 year old subseven spoon). As already mentioned: kismet (with it's good N900 integration) and especially the aircrack-packages is everything wardrivers need. No stupid gui - logical string input/output via terminal is absolutely perfect for this job.

But as you're not willing to do effective work I bet you'll never ever have any success in cracking any IEEE-802.11 based network.

Last edited by champus; 2010-10-21 at 11:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to champus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by champus View Post

I hate requests like yours. Use the professional and good software that is available (and YES, you _have_ to learn what you're doing, working with vulnerabilities needs you to get informed and not to just click around like some 14 year old subseven spoon). As already mentioned: kismet (with it's good N900 integration) and especially the aircrack-packages is everything wardrivers need. No stupid gui - logical string input/output via terminal is absolutely perfect for this job.

But as you're not willing to do effective work I bet you'll never ever have any success in cracking any IEEE-802.11 based network.
Oh no!! FACEPALM on you, you little tw*t!
Blah blah blah... What kind of person are you? 9 years old and did you get your mobilephone from the cornflakes package?

Fr*aking m*ron!

The GUI I was asking about is, OSM or Google Maps. But that's prob stuffs you never heard about O_o

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine

What an incredibly arrogant stance to take. Especially from the same person that posts stuff like this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62647

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
For wardriving perhaps?

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Eh ease up a bit. He probably just wants to be alerted to free wifi by a nice GUI and thinks that "wardriving" sounds cool. I didn't see any mention of "cracking networks" or "working with vulnerabilities" like you assumed.

Yes, requests for free apps can be annoying, especially when they suggest that it "should be easy".

To PontusOhman: It's not so easy that someone will see your post and set out to write such an app. Don't hold your breath. And maybe moderate your tone too. Flaming the flamers doesn't get you very far here.