Notices

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
What good would that do?
Well what is the point spending 3 weeks implementing something that 1 person would use, where as the time could be spent more effectively, implementing something 100 people would use.

[removed by moderator]

why not actually say what you want fmms to do in the form of a bug list and feature request list.
These can then be prioritized and then acted upon.
If any of these requests are not possible, I'm sure frals will explain why.

Last edited by edgar2; 2010-11-21 at 12:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Because implementing all of them would probably take years for one man and also I bet that as it has been told in this thread things have priority. How would you like that fmms had all the other possible MMS specs done first and postcard service last after whole devel cycle. So this is why we have feature, enhancement request and bug report in our maemo.org bugzilla. People can vote requests and devels, if they are kind enough and see that option x is more popular than option y then they might make something to it but of course nothing is promised because people do it in (I assume that most) their freetime besides their real jobs.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Well mister synaptic cripple, when are you going to understand that my intentions never have been to improve fMMS? I was looking for an alternative. Even so, the links I have given explain precisely what frals must do with fMMS to make it usable. It is the same documents every single MMS-app developer on this planet have to use. When those documents are good enough for everybody else, why shouldn't they bee good enough for frals?
Have you tried to suggest you'd pay frals by PayPal to have some features added?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
[removed by moderator]

As for implementing everything in the MMS spec, for one man, that is simply un-do-able in a reasonable time frame. As already said, this is the reason for feature request/bug lists.

[removed by moderator]

Last edited by edgar2; 2010-11-21 at 12:00.

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
sorry for not acting upon reports earlier (meego conf and such). the op had a question (is there an alternative mms application?) and got an answer. the way the op started the thread and some others replied, could have been more considerate and the thread continued on a destructive path.

the talk.maemo.org rules were violated on several occasions, hence infractions were dealt out accordingly. please use the "report this" tool instead of replying in an equally provocative manner. thanks to all those who already reported posts, and sorry for not acting upon them earlier.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmms rules, mms or pms, never happy, op is a bumder, op is a douche, op is an idiot, op is on rag, op needs a slap, op sucks, thanks frals