Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
I found that picture captured in portrait mode is cut by 1/3 when viewed in the gallery, only when you pinch to zoom in and then zoom out will it render it back to normal.

EDIT: Also, would it help if you place photos in /home/usr/MyDocs/Pictures/cameraplus ? Because wazapp has no problem reading pictures from the “Picture” folder
I have seen this problem but cannot get it to happen anymore. I'd be greatly thankful if you could give me detailed steps to reproduce.

EDIT: Problem now fixed and 0.0.2 is out

Last edited by MSameer; 2013-02-26 at 22:37.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post

I'd like to but I have no means of testing that it works
Would be grateful to test it for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I have seen this problem but cannot get it to happen anymore. I'd be greatly thankful if you could give me detailed steps to reproduce.

EDIT: Problem now fixed and 0.0.2 is out

Thanks for the quick update..

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Would be grateful to test it for you!
Thanks for offering. However, getting timer, fast capture and front camera is of a higher priority.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update, I'm sorry that I couldn't reply you further, I was quite occupied by work recently. Anyway I've tested portrait mode, it displayed in proper size and orientation now.

However, when viewing the picture in the built-in gallery, I found that portrait photos tend to looked fuzzy and poorly rendered like badly resized thumbnail. No such problem for landscape photos though. Everything looks fine though using the Gallery

This leads me to a subsequent question, why do you build your own gallery instead of using the existing one? Is it because the gallery is closed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update, I'm sorry that I couldn't reply you further, I was quite occupied by work recently. Anyway I've tested portrait mode, it displayed in proper size and orientation now.

However, when viewing the picture in the built-in gallery, I found that portrait photos tend to looked fuzzy and poorly rendered like badly resized thumbnail. No such problem for landscape photos though. Everything looks fine though using the Gallery

This leads me to a subsequent question, why do you build your own gallery instead of using the existing one? Is it because the gallery is closed?
It's quite strange that they look different.

I know that thumbnail loading and saving is handled by libquill which is also used by me.

I didn't really build a full gallery. I just built a browser for captured images. It misses a lot of the features in gallery (Even though building a gallery alternative is easy except the face detection part).

I did that for 2 main reasons:
1) Built in gallery being MeeGo Touch based and not QML.
2) I intend to try to get camera+ working on nemo too thus I cannot depend on Harmattan gallery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The icon is small

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Actually, upon further testing, I found that portrait pictures are badly rendered all across the places on either the gallery app and your built in app. Only by zooming in and out, will it renders properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Actually, upon further testing, I found that portrait pictures are badly rendered all across the places on either the gallery app and your built in app. Only by zooming in and out, will it renders properly.
Does that include the portrait images captured by the harmattan camera app?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
The icon is small
Which icon ? The one leading to the post capture view? If so then yes but I am planning to make it a bit bigger and add some eye candy

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!