Active Topics

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Anyway sidenews, QT will live on Blackberry 10 so that's good news for all QT/C/C++ devs.
The bad news is that it's yet another niche OS that will be on life support right off the bat...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
At least not dead yet

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
At least not dead yet
I'm sure there are plenty of Commodore 64, Amiga and Atari 8-bit/ST/STe/TT/Falcon enthusiasts who'll claim the same thing--but no sane person in this decade would buy one to run their business on it or as their primary system even for home. Rapidly, Maemo is headed that way and Blackberry and Palm will surely follow at this rate. Considering Windows mobile operating system is STILL slipping behind in market share even AFTER the Lumia 900 release, it doesn't look to be long for this world either.

Here's some recent and INTERNATIONAL perspective, for the people that keep claiming it's all the Americans' fault:
http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/noki...amsung-4857293
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Bingo. That is what NOKIA needs to cater to, to make money. Not meego, weego, deeego, sheeego technologies.
Shego

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
At least not dead yet
Depends how you define "yet". As in not yet dead, when sitting on the ocean floor with your feet firmly in a bucket of hard concrete. I guess MacGyver would find a way, but that doesn't really count.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Despite the usual childish sarcasm, ranting, naysaying, moaning and dead-horse-beating, Microsoft is not going to just give up on Windows Phone without a fight. I just attended a small event where a rep talked about a 3 to 4 year push. They're in this for the long haul. I would not count them out or write them off, even if I was the most ardent enemy of the company and/or any of its products.

Some people let emotion get far too ahead of reason.

Disclaimer: I use an N9 daily and still wish that had been the chosen direction.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Depends how you define "yet". As in not yet dead, when sitting on the ocean floor with your feet firmly in a bucket of hard concrete. I guess MacGyver would find a way, but that doesn't really count.
Well, how should I define it... Nokia already declared Maemo/Harmattan dead. RIM didn't.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Despite the usual childish sarcasm, ranting, naysaying, moaning and dead-horse-beating, Microsoft is not going to just give up on Windows Phone without a fight. I just attended a small event where a rep talked about a 3 to 4 year push. They're in this for the long haul. I would not count them out or write them off, even if I was the most ardent enemy of the company and/or any of its products.

Disclaimer: I use an N9 daily and still wish that had been the chosen direction.
You do know that saying "they're in this for the long haul" is beating the dead horse too. Anyway it depends who you are talking about Nokia or MS, MS may not give up without a fight but Nokia doesn't have 4 years and MS's fight is so far fruitless regardless of what their rep told you.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post

Just because they've been irrelevant the past decade doesn't mean they've been counted out. All we're saying is that they've continued to remain irrelevant--more and more irrelevant as time moves on. Much like their tablet efforts, phone efforts, zune efforts, it'll continue to just linger on, continuing the perpetual fail machine.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Bill Gates talks about new Windows software

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun